DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Active Track 3.0

Not if you still have to use the controller. We need a beacon like Skydio.

Not bad but yes, not sure about having to use the controller or not. Only the MP and Spark could do without one over more than 100 meters but their tracking was...er "limited" !

I wonder if the MA2 still has the cool "palm control". That worked really well on the MA1 and was the only mode that offered "home point updating" too.

I wonder how they do this safely without obstacle avoidance sensors on the sides or the top of the drone.

I wonder how they do this safely without obstacle avoidance sensors on the sides or the top of the drone.

I don't see how they can and I notice in the video when the cyclist does the 180 turn it's in a more open area and when they slow down near the end of the clip again it's more open. I've seen a similar clip with an original Mavic Pro managing further through a forest following walkers than I thought it would but it clips an overhead branch and crashes. Even with the Mavic 2's side sensors I wouldn't take it through trees like that as the sensors do not reliably detect branches and the crash/flyaway forum section here shows many drones have crashed due to colliding with a tree.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes