DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Active Track - Max radius, how increase

dmac1

Reactions
I've tried the manual, google and scanning this forum, but still don't have an answer.

I've watched a vid where a guy had his MP following his truck, sure seemed like it went further than mine has went. I've tried it 3x and the aircraft stops after awhile (500' maybe) and on my last attempt, I noticed on the controller that it said max radius reached and I couldn't even manually fly the drone to me. And no, I'm not in beginner mode...or the intelligent flight mode wouldn't work.

I've just reset the max distance in the controller to 2000 meters....I think it was 300 (the default) but I can't go test fly it again until tomorrow..

Will that fix it or is there are hard limit that we can't change?

Unrelated...in my flight data on Go 4 app, the dates are wrong. I don't see where to set it.

Many thanks!

Last edited:
Well....I can now answer my own question after today's flight.

The max distance setting was limiting how far the MP would go from home. It was pretty windy and I was gettin high wind warnings on the controller, but I gave it a go anyway cuz a blizzard is forecast for tonight/tomorrow so it'll be awhile before I can fly again.

Was kinda scary cuz the aircraft got blown to the opposite side of my vehicle when I had it in Active Track - profile, but it stayed with me. I only drove about 15 MPH and I stopped a couple times when it was kinda falling back in the wind, but it never quit following me. Not super long distance, but well past where it stopped the other day.

Now...how to get those pesky dates correct for my flights...I haven't found anyplace to set that.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
filu