DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Active Track Prevented Return to Boat

Tim3459575

Reactions
Hi, A few weeks ago, my M3 stopped 30’ away from my boat and refused to get any closer. It had th OA turned off so this seemed very weird behavior.

I resolved the issue when Innoticed that I had forgotten to turn off spotlight mode for the return flight and landing on the boat. What I didn’t realize was that when the camera gimbal reaches its limit, and it can no longer track the subject (in this case, my boat) the drone will stop and hover. It will not respond to forward stick inputs. As soon as I turned off active track, the drone responded to the sticks and I got it back.

Just wanted to mention this behavior in case anyone finds it useful.

I doubt there is such a command, but turning it off is all that is needed to regain control. RTH is problematic on a boat at anchor since the boat “swings” on the anchor and is rarely at the home point. Hence the home point is usually over the water and RTH would could cause landing in the water and loss of drone.

Interesting. Thanks for sharing

Reactions: RodPad
Yes - I've been caught out by having Spotlight mode on, and being confused as to why I couldn't turn past a certain point as it would put the subject I was filming out of frame. My fault for forgetting I was using that mode to keep it in shot. Not a fault obviously, just something to remember :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BluMav