DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Activists to fly drones at Heathrow

Funnily enough this is a drone forum and community discussing a drone news item.
Not an environmental discussion platform.
You could start your own thread in general discussions.
Yeah what about those environmentalists using cheap chinese drones that will end up in a landfill site somewhere, the lithium batteries used in them and the wasted electricity used to charge the batteries, doesnt that all have an environmentally impact not too mention wasteful (they should be using kites! much more environmentally friendly made from paper and string!

This ridiculous terrorists (Because that is what they are) are causing mayhem in cities here in OZ. Glueing themselves to roads during peak ours. The cops treat them with kid gloves.

You notice they dont try their tricks in places like China where they would get instant action from the police and where the real pollution is taking place (if you believe the climate change religion)

This is absolutely ridiculous,
I get people want to put there point across and get noticed.
But to shut down an international airport is just stupid, why can’t people just do things peacefully where there’s a time and a place for it.

Not only will they be effecting the airlines costing them thousands, they’ll also disrupt the holidays to potentially thousands of people who have worked hard to pay off their family holiday, once in a life time experience.
People that have maybe been saving up for years to go on there dream holiday.

In my eyes this is the worst way to actively campaign about this situation as it’s just going to give the people it’s affecting negative reactions to their cause.
If they want to to it probably they need to educate people on the situation, not with cheap £20 WiFi drones they got from the local toy shop to fly at eye level within the NFZ.

Just seems like a pointless exercise to me!

I think the best way to handle this would be to give them zero media coverage. Let the Police arrest them and no news coverage at all. Of course its to late now for this event. Also I don't think the media would go along with it but its worth a try.

Reactions: Thomas B
Unfortunately these days zero coverage doesnt work due to social media and so on.
Plus a lot of media is sympathetic to them (bbc for example).
Arrest and prosecute to the maximum extent each and every one of them. That's the solution.

This is also a waste of money on cheap plastic toys to prove a point why dont these ideologists put their efforts and put their hands in their pockets and actually help real people who need it around the world instead of adding to the mania that surrounds our hobby and livelihoods for some of us, that already has a bad reputation because of stupid headlines in the media, and documentaries that do not show all the facts just the ones that will grab headlines, If I had the time id join them but perhaps with a fire truck and use the hose to spray a rain shower over them which would pretty much kill the cheap drones so the demonstration would have zero point on all fronts!

You're assuming these people care about anyone except themselves. That is demonstrably not true.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arbee