DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Adhesive tape on the back of the cam

ym58

Reactions
I have been struggling for weeks with panoramic jerkiness (only pan, see this video) without being able to find a satisfying solution.
This morning, I noticed a weird piece of tape at the back of the Mavic camera.
Someone knows what it is for and if it's a "must keep" ?

tape_camera.jpg

Reactions: boxsterfahrer
I removed it - never had any issues at all. If it was meant to stay in place it wouldn't have the yellow tab to help you easily peel it off.......

Reactions: Tinmania
Keep that tape. It prevents the camera housing from getting scratches during shakes.
Got you ... however : what if the adhesive edges on the top of the slot keep scraping slightly the wires beam and obstruct (somewhat, but still ...) the beam's movement while panning ?

I removed it - never had any issues at all. If it was meant to stay in place it wouldn't have the yellow tab to help you easily peel it off.......
That's why I think too ... but not 100% sure it's not a "Service peel-off" not meant to end-users !

Mine started coming off and so I pealed the thing away. No more issues than I had prior to taking it off.

Just looked and sure enough saw the tape, had the MP for 6 months, never knew it was there, never had any problems with the camera, but removed the tape now anyway.

Like Gerds Said, It prevents scratches from camera shake. I removed mine, then the scratches started to show up after a few flights. So I've cuted a new piece of tape and put it back. No problems, no more scratches. I don't know how sensible the camera is to wind and how that small lid could contribute to some camera shake, so I suggest to just cut that small lid and leave the tape on top of the camera for scratch prevention.

Reactions: tony56shooter
Like Gerds Said, It prevents scratches from camera shake. I removed mine, then the scratches started to show up after a few flights. So I've cuted a new piece of tape and put it back. No problems, no more scratches. I don't know how sensible the camera is to wind and how that small lid could contribute to some camera shake, so I suggest to just cut that small lid and leave the tape on top of the camera for scratch prevention.

Yes, I can see why this tape is there now.
Actually there's a small L-shaped metallic tab inside the gimbal casing on which the back of the camera can easily be in contact during operations.
Does anyone know what this part is for as it can potentially damage (scratch) the back of the camera ?

tape_camera2.jpg

That’s for the Gimbal plate. If it’s in a crash ( or mishandled) it’ll usually be on top of that or break off.
Got you ... but why the h*ll didn't they put a small block of hard rubber instead ?

I just cut the yellow tab off and let the rest of it on. After I noticed it I couldn't stand the tab just hanging there.

If DJI didn't want you to remove it they wouldn't have placed a bright yellow removal tab on it.

Reactions: ym58
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimsonsky