DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

After replacing the gimbal cable, it won't calibrate.

helloWorld

Reactions
Аfter a light crash I replaced the fried gimbal cable with a new onе.
The gimbal and camera work, but it the gimbal wont pass calibration
There are no obstructions to movement as far as I can tell.

Here is a video:

Any ideas?

Have you tried to calibrate with the DJI Assistant app ?

@kosmarnik it would seem that something has gone wrong during the process of replacing the cable ,if that video was showing the start up dance ,then that is not the way it should do it
i recently had to change my gimbal control cable ,it is quite a fiddly job ,could be that one of the connectors has not been seated properly

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
You have a bad connection in your pitch motor (on the side of the gimbal), or the connection pad on the motor is fried. FYI, a powered gimbal that is held for an extended time against its desired position can burn the contacts. Either way, you’re going to have do it over again, and look closely at the connection. Make sure the cable pad “snaps” firmly into the receiver. Like @old man mavic said, it’s fiddly… that’s a technical term from the UK.

Last edited:
I did fine on my pro with the replacement then i saw a good price on another pro and the owner told me he just didn,t have the patience , so when i got the drone i checked it out looked ok but on startup eractic movement and i found the gimble board cables down to the main controller had actuall been pushed to hard and the pins were flattened I replaced gimble board and the cables going to the main and it started just fine and calibrated those two cables are in a tough spot connecting the gimble board. I hope that isn,t your problem but could be worth checking those connections

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJIMavic3cine