DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Afternoon from California, U.S.A.

HH-1

Reactions
Last day of rain here today, even nice and warm in afternoon, can't wait till next week, going to join Remote Control Model Airplane Club of San Gabriel (small town just east of Los Angeles), they have a flying field in a good sized park, hope to try out the Mavic Pro Platinum and hopefully take a video of the flying field.

Last day of rain here today, even nice and warm in afternoon, can't wait till next week, going to join Remote Control Model Airplane Club of San Gabriel (small town just east of Los Angeles), they have a flying field in a good sized park, hope to try out the Mavic Pro Platinum and hopefully take a video of the flying field.

Sounds like fun HH

Welcome to Mavicpilots.com. If you ever need advice or repair questions, feel free to reach out to the forum.

Also. please take a minute and enter your location on your profile. It will better help us to help you. Here is a link on how to update your location:

Please update your locations! Its so easy to do...

Best regards and good luck,

Rob

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum![emoji16]

Thanks for the welcome - just a little while ago - I misplaced the information about this site, and
thought I had not written it down, but . . . I found it in files today. Made the mistake of trading in the Mavic Pro Platinum which had maybe 6 flights on it. The COVID19 made things hectic for the trade in folks at Dji - to say the least. I lost out greatly, but that was then. I got the Mini2 fly more combo, and it is THE drone for me, sure feel comfortable flying it.
Just recently got the Smart Controller, and it is a match for it and Mini2.
I have been trying to find any forums on the Smart Controller here, how would I find them? Looked all over for a SEARCH thing, but perhaps did not look in right place?
Happy Flying...

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
Welcome to the forums!

Is that club the one just off the 60?

Welcome to the forums!

Is that club the one just off the 60?
YES, but the name is: "San Gabriel Valley Radio Control League." WEB Site: sgvrcl.org most are also "Academy of Model Aeronautics" members, their Web Site is: "modelaircraft.org".
bunch of nice folks, great place to fly and to take the kids and sit outside the fence and watch all the aircraft. I go on Tues or Thurs around 7:30am to about 9:00am. Have fun.

YES, but the name is: "San Gabriel Valley Radio Control League." WEB Site: sgvrcl.org most are also "Academy of Model Aeronautics" members, their Web Site is: "modelaircraft.org".
bunch of nice folks, great place to fly and to take the kids and sit outside the fence and watch all the aircraft. I go on Tues or Thurs around 7:30am to about 9:00am. Have fun.
It's a nice field . . . I've been there a few times. Have fun!

Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your participation and your view of the world.

I might have to trot down there at some point soon then. It's not too far from me in Burbank.
Not too shabby an area to fly (Burbank). Do you fly in the city or do you hit the I5 North into Canyon Country and surrounding area? I'm typically all over the Transverse Ranges and the deserts of the IE . . .

Not too shabby an area to fly (Burbank). Do you fly in the city or do you hit the I5 North into Canyon Country and surrounding area? I'm typically all over the Transverse Ranges and the deserts of the IE . . .
I head over to Apollo Field and the Sepulveda Basin, mostly. I get out to San Bernardino or up past Santa Clarita sometimes too.

• Love
I see you are in Rancho Cucamonga. Do you get up to the top of Mount Baldy at all?

Last edited:
I see you are in Rancho Cucamonga. Do you get up to the top of Mount Baldy at all? (And can we fly there?)
Yes and yes. There are some National Park Areas up there but there are large corridors for flying. Mostly I go to Lytle Creek (in Fontana) or Whitewater Preserve in the San Gorgonio Wilderness near North Palm Springs . . . all in the San Bernardino ranges 😊.

I might have to trot down there at some point soon then. It's not too far from me in Burbank.
It's worth the trip, if you go on Tues or Thurs ask for Kenny, whoever opens up any day will fill you in. Note: The County has a fee for weekends, I do not know how much. Not weekdays though. I posted the club web address earlier, read up there.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Manu Gopinath