DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Camera Gimbal

Jigsaw43Bravo

Reactions
Hello all.
Just a general sanity-check question...

I've had my Air 2 for about 18 months now, with dozens of flights and hundreds of awesome images captured. This little bugger's been around the block.

Today I was practicing "low level sport mode" when I inadvertently found the "G" in "AGL", using what's known as the "Braille" method. Other than picking out a few blades of grass, there was no apparent damage, but while checking the camera gimbal (which I was most worried about), I came across what I think is a temporary protective adhesive sticker on the back side of the gimbal bracket (the surface that faces the gimbal transducer). I never noticed this before and it's been a while since I unpacked mine. I don't recall what the removable shipping components looked like.

Pretty sure it's for removal but just wanted to be sure! Thanks!

ps: crash footage available if anyone is interested

Attachments

• air2_gimbal.jpg
    air2_gimbal.jpg
    413.3 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Are you sure it doesn't say "Do not remove this tag under penalty of law" in very small letters? Sorry, I don't have a real answer. Looks like it should be ok to remove to me.

Definitely for removal, especially since it is peeling, and could obstruct the free movement of the gimbal.

Just checked mine-thanks for the thread! Seems OK but I don’t recall taking a sticker off where yours is at box opening.

Now that I think about it the small green tab is the same color as all of the adhesive sensor covers I remember peeling off. Definitely easy to miss!

Thanks for all the feedback!

Reactions: Capt KO
They put those stickers all over drones. They should all be removed. The gimball one could actually interfere with your gimball action. And be careful with the ground. BTW, you obstacle avoidance should have prevented the crash. In your settings set to obstacle avoidance. or go around.

Reactions: GadgetGuy

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki