DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 St Michael’s on Wyre Church

Paul Iddon

Reactions
St Michael’s Church is old enough to be mentioned in the Domesday Book as ‘Michelescherce’. Bounded by the River Wyre, it has been called St Michaels-on-Wyre since the 1100s.

The earliest parts of the present building are Norman, as can be evidenced by the door on its north side. The site is even older though and there has probably been a church here since Saxon times.

The church is typical of late Medieval churches of northern England and is constructed of sandstone ashlar and rubble.

The plan consists of a tower at the west end, a chancel and nave under a continuous roof and a chapel to the north. The tower is said to date from 1549.

Paul.

St Michael’s Church is old enough to be mentioned in the Domesday Book as ‘Michelescherce’. Bounded by the River Wyre, it has been called St Michaels-on-Wyre since the 1100s.

The earliest parts of the present building are Norman, as can be evidenced by the door on its north side. The site is even older though and there has probably been a church here since Saxon times.

The church is typical of late Medieval churches of northern England and is constructed of sandstone ashlar and rubble.

The plan consists of a tower at the west end, a chancel and nave under a continuous roof and a chapel to the north. The tower is said to date from 1549.

Paul.
A beautifully done drone film with a great selection of music (Enya).

Dale

Reactions: Paul Iddon
Awesome video!

Well done! Nice smooth flight with nice smooth music!

Reactions: Paul Iddon
Beautiful. The history in England blows me away. Loved the music too. I thought either Enya or Clannad but I read everyone says Enya.

Thank you platty, yes it is Enya. :)

Much appreciate your taking the time to watch.

Paul.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dean1980