DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 to Air 2S upgrade math

EpicFlight

Reactions
I've spent the last week cruising eBay to get an idea what I can get for a used Air 2 FMC. Low miles, like new condition.

2S aircraft-only is $800, FMC is $1300, so I need to get at least $500 for the Air 2 FMC.

Well, that's right about what people are closing deals on. Most offerings wait a long long time, if ever, to get a bid if over $600.

So, gonna order that 2S from Rotorlogic today. Side benefit I keep the Air 2 aircraft, so I'm not grounded in case of a 2S mishap.

Hope someone else can benefit from this analysis.

I need to get at least $500 for the Air 2 FMC.
Is that just the bag and batteries or with the aircraft as well?

I have sold three Mavic Air 2 FMC complete in the past year, locally for $650-700. I have purchased two complete ones local on Facebook for $500

Not happy to see those prices...I need to get on to selling my Air2 as well. I had thought about keeping it as a back up, but even when my A2S was in the shop for replacement I didn't use it.

Reactions: zeusfl
Hoping I can get a little more. I've got some extras too, a tablet(maybe no one wants), Lifthor mount, case, etc...
The problem is the total fees on Ebay now total about 15%. That's $75 on a $500 sale. I would rather take a little less for my items local or on the forum here than give them my money. Ebay is also now required to report your sales to the Feds once you sell $600 worth of items so its important that you keep good records of. your purchases and sales on Ebay so that they offset on your taxes..... I always spend more than I sell so It comes out ok, but it is an added hassle.

Reactions: fd123_2000
The problem is the total fees on Ebay now total about 15%. That's $75 on a $500 sale. I would rather take a little less for my items local or on the forum here than give them my money. Ebay is also now required to report your sales to the Feds once you sell $600 worth of items so its important that you keep good records of. your purchases and sales on Ebay so that they offset on your taxes..... I always spend more than I sell so It comes out ok, but it is an added hassle.
You have to pay taxes on ebay sales? Is this something new?

I've had an ebay account since the beginning, but I haven't sold much on there in the last 10 years or so. Between shipping prices and how quick ebay is to defend unreasonable buyers its become too much of a hassle.

Like you say, I'd rather get less than deal with the bull.

I guess marketplace it is... The biggest thing I hate about selling stuff on there though is actually meeting with someone and dealing with it. They low ball you, they don't bother to show up, they want to tell you their life story, they want to have a political discussion, etc... At least with Ebay you box it up, slap a label on, and it goes away.

You have to pay taxes on ebay sales? Is this something new?

I've had an ebay account since the beginning, but I haven't sold much on there in the last 10 years or so. Between shipping prices and how quick ebay is to defend unreasonable buyers its become too much of a hassle.

Like you say, I'd rather get less than deal with the bull.

I guess marketplace it is... The biggest thing I hate about selling stuff on there though is actually meeting with someone and dealing with it. They low ball you, they don't bother to show up, they want to tell you their life story, they want to have a political discussion, etc... At least with Ebay you box it up, slap a label on, and it goes away.
The tax thing has always been a thing but for a long time there was no good way to track it, times have changed.

I have sold three drones on eBay and you would think it was as easy as a label and done but not really unless you do the steps required. The first was easy, the second was a perfect Air 2 that for some reason had an error code that could only be fixed by sending it to DJI. I paid part of the buyers shipping and they got it replaced with the care coverage still on the drone. The third sale my controller I kept was still bound to the aircraft. It took a bit of work on both sides but we got that unbound from mine and connected to theirs so they could fly without warning. Not saying you cant sell successfully just that I have been hit twice on the last two sales with something that needed time in post. The first not me, the second it was. I was just unaware of the binding I needed to log out of.

I’ve been selling on Craigslist to save the eBay fees, with good results. Buyer likes to see it fly and learn at same time. Don’t mind selling at a discount to eBay and gain a friend. Bought my A2 FMC with Refresh a year ago for $625 from this forum. Figure value about $500 now, used A2 best drone deal out there. Perfect complement to my Phantoms.

Reactions: Dbez1
Sold my Air 2S combo with a hard case and tablet holder on eBay last week.
Closed at $925.
My bank received $817
Here's how it was broken down:

Screenshot 2022-02-03 080517.jpg

You can see the fee was based on closing price, shipping paid by the buyer, and the Calif sales tax. FYI the total shipping cost was $80 so my true return was $817-$60=$757.

Okay, worth every penny! I luv luv LUV Mastershots!!! Save my editing/production skills for real stuff... MS is gonna be great for "memor(y/ies)" you share with everyone who went on the trip.

My very first:

Reactions: Jeff Scheetz

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark