DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s + Smart Controller with Dronelink /DroneDeploy

FLYT

Reactions
So it seems there is not support for mapping apps on the smart controller , so what does everyone do ? do i need to purchase the original controller and use my phone as a work around ? if a do need to purchase a diff controller is it the RC-N1?

I tried to get either / both to work with my phone...nada. Very disappointing. I'm hopeful it'll happen soon. DroneLink "may" work, but for sure DroneDeploy does not (yet).

I switched to iPhone and bought an original controller. Have had no issues with either on that platform. Seems DronBase and others, as well as DJI MAY be abandoning android for some reason. :( I hope I am wrong, but it was just easier to suck it up and switch to iphone.

What?

All DJI controllers with built in screens are Android. Smart Controller, RC Pro, DJI RC, etc.

correct, which works fine for MOST flight apps. but the Drone Deploy app for mapping, or as I have read MOST mapping software flight apps will not run on Android correctly, if at all. I ran into same issue and bought a standard controller and moved to iPhone for this.

Yes rcn1. I actually have one For sale if interested still
So it seems there is not support for mapping apps on the smart controller , so what does everyone do ? do i need to purchase the original controller and use my phone as a work around ? if a do need to purchase a diff controller is it the RC-N1?
Fo

correct, which works fine for MOST flight apps. but the Drone Deploy app for mapping, or as I have read MOST mapping software flight apps will not run on Android correctly, if at all. I ran into same issue and bought a standard controller and moved to iPhone for this.
Not necessarily. I use both Android and Apple for DroneDeploy and Map Pilot Pro for the past 4 years, I've never had issues with mapping flights. The main problem seems to be the version of Android. I kept my old Galaxy S8 as a dedicated flight controller, so there's that to consider.

You said "DJI MAY be abandoning android for some reason"

....to which my response is still WHAT? All DJI controllers with screens are ANDROID.

Not necessarily. I use both Android and Apple for DroneDeploy and Map Pilot Pro for the past 4 years, I've never had issues with mapping flights. The main problem seems to be the version of Android. I kept my old Galaxy S8 as a dedicated flight controller, so there's that to consider.
I don't think so with an Air 2S...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Piason