DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 3 accessories.. What do you need? Whats Junk? What do you want in the future?

monchan

Reactions
After getting my air 3 FMC, I have realized there are things I want to get,
Some things I have seen for other drones that look like a good idea, that might be good or total junk.

Want to get:
My fly more combo bag. I think it is terrible, while it is well made and I am sure it will last. It just does not allow
for much extra stuff. It really bulk out in shape by just putting my new Freewell allday pack in the inside pocket.
So am considering the lykus drone bag on Amazon.

control sticks, am sure I will lose one so want a spare set.
propeller strap, the propellers get in the way when putting away in the fmc bag.
A lanyard for the rc-2. Any recommendations?

Thinking about getting:
A sun visor for the rc.
Anker 100w charger.

Thats about it for me, I am coming from an air 1 and have not really looked at any other accessories over the years.
Be interested to here your ideas and opinions on what is out there and what you are planning on picking up.

Thanks, I will check it out.
To tell the truth I was not sure the difference between the bags, the photos seem to be the same.

Just got the Air 3 FMC.

Great buys:
I got a cheap padded backpack off Amazon on sale for $22 - it holds my fly more combo bag, all my accessories and my laptop. And a backpack is far easier to carry if you're hiking to a location.

The Anker 100w charger or similar is a must. Even my 68W multi-charger was taking forever to charge.

Lights - while the Firehouse ARC Vs are great, the VIFLYs are cheaper and almost as good. Either are excellent for drone visibility.

Marginally useful:
Yagi antenna boosters. YMMV but I get a modest increase in signal strength using them.

Waste of money:
For my Air 2 I bought landing gear extensions, extra camera mounting systems, headlight mounting systems and a payload drop kit - used the headlight and drop kit once and that's it. Complete waste.

A sun visor for the rc.
Personally, I find a three-sided sunshield ineffective. You can still see your face, shirt, and the sky behind your head reflected on the screen. I made a DIY four sided hood modeled after the Hoodman... works very well.

Reactions: monchan
I bought a very nice lanyard bracket from Go Professional Cases and a lanyard comes with that purchase. You kind of have to "dig" to find the bracket. Email them if you have trouble. They are cool.

I also still need extra RC sticks! Seem to be on permanent BO.

Still in search of a good screen shade. Loved the Hoodman I used with my RC Pro but it wouldn't fit the RC2. I asked Hoodman if they have plans to make one for the RC2 and they are "looking in to it".

Pre-ordered the MasterScrew orange props. Due out this month I believe.

Reactions: monchan
I bought a very nice lanyard bracket from Go Professional Cases and a lanyard comes with that purchase. You kind of have to "dig" to find the bracket. Email them if you have trouble. They are cool.

I also still need extra RC sticks! Seem to be on permanent BO.

Still in search of a good screen shade. Loved the Hoodman I used with my RC Pro but it wouldn't fit the RC2. I asked Hoodman if they have plans to make one for the RC2 and they are "looking in to it".

Pre-ordered the MasterScrew orange props. Due out this month I believe.
I just found thier lanyard and bracket. That kind of brings up another question. single or double piont attachment, does it make any difference?

Thanks everyone for your replies.

I just found thier lanyard and bracket. That kind of brings up another question. single or double piont attachment, does it make any difference?

Thanks everyone for your replies.
I prefer a double point attachment, my controller is always oriented face up, with a single point it tends to twist.

My fly more combo bag. I think it is terrible, while it is well made and I am sure it will last. It just does not allow
for much extra stuff.
This is pretty much the norm for all DJI bags that come with their combos. I think the other extras in those combos often make the price worthwhile though. Lykus, GPC, etc. have far better choices for bags and hard cases.

Anker 100w charger
There are several good options in this thread where we're discussing those chargers.

This is pretty much the norm for all DJI bags that come with their combos. I think the other extras in those combos often make the price worthwhile though. Lykus, GPC, etc. have far better choices for bags and hard cases.

There are several good options in this thread where we're discussing those chargers.
Thanks for the link to the charger thread, I`ll head over and have a read.

Has anyone had any luck with a film or glass screen protector? I like the idea of a matte protector for glare but I tried one on my rc 1 and it made the screen “fuzzy”, at least to my eyes!

Has anyone had any luck with a film or glass screen protector? I like the idea of a matte protector for glare but I tried one on my rc 1 and it made the screen “fuzzy”, at least to my eyes!
I bought Supershieldz brand film protectors for my 8-in tablet many years ago. There were 3 in the package and I'm only on my second one now, so that first one lasted a long time. These are labeled anti-glare, not matte, and don't degrade the view of the screen at all.

I recently bought a second-hand drone kit, which included an iPhone. It had a glass protector on it, which was cracked. So, for reasons unknown, I ordered and received a pack of two clear tempered glass protectors, but they're not anti-glare (duh)... had good luck with the Supershieldz brand so decided to stick with them. They came with an 'installation kit' to clean the screen etc, detailed instructions, and a link to a video tutorial on installing. I haven't installed one yet because they're not anti-glare and seem to be a little too thick for the case I'm using on the phone. High quality product but I haven't decided whether to use one or not yet.

In retro, I'm thinking I should have bought the anti-glare film kit instead. Good luck

Yeah, I have one for my RC controller and I'm finding the same for me too.

I bought a sunshade that works pretty well but I haven't removed the matte protector yet. I don't know how much it's helping so a bit anxious about pulling it for now.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1