Air 3 won’t take a pano?

Squidinc

I come from a land “down under”
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
youtu.be
Hi all,
I fitted a Polar Pro “Vivid Collection” ND 8 series to my Mavic air 3 and got a message on the RC 2 saying that the drone cannot take a pano picture whilst a wide angle lens is fitted? What the? It’s a ND filter I have fitted, not a wide angle lens?

I saw online someone stating you need to power down the drone completely between lens changes as apparently the gimbal needs to recalibrate the weight?

Anyone else having this issue with the Air 3 and/or know of a solution?

Reactions: Paul Harvey
Hi all,
I fitted a Polar Pro “Vivid Collection” ND 8 series to my Mavic air 3 and got a message on the RC 2 saying that the drone cannot take a pano picture whilst a wide angle lens is fitted? What the? It’s a ND filter I have fitted, not a wide angle lens?

I saw online someone stating you need to power down the drone completely between lens changes as apparently the gimbal needs to recalibrate the weight?

Anyone else having this issue with the Air 3 and/or know of a solution?
the drone detects the extra
weight attached to the camera and blindly assumes it's a wide angle lens. A known issue with slightly heavier filters.

Why would you need an ND filter for a pano anyhow? It has limited use in photography on a drone.

Why would you need an ND filter for a pano anyhow? It has limited use in photography on a drone.
I’m mostly filming & shooting in bright conditions over water. I don’t want to have to return home to remove an ND filter mid battery to have to launch again to take a panorama shot without the ND filter and then have to come home again to fit it for the next video footage!! My MA2 never had this issue.

I spoke with DJI this morning & they advised that their technicians will take a look at the problem, but no guarantee of a firmware update to rectify as yet. I think they just want DJI filter sales & not Polar Pro or Freewell….Hmmm maybe?

Reactions: MavicAir2Marc
I spoke with DJI this morning & they advised that their technicians will take a look at the problem, but no guarantee of a firmware update to rectify as yet. I think they just want DJI filter sales & not Polar Pro or Freewell….Hmmm maybe?

They advised me the same thing after the Air 3 came out, but still no update for this. However, I did work with the maker of my my ND Filter and they fixed the issue in the production and sent me a new set. This was from Startrc. Also, I've read that the DJI ND filters don't have this issue.

Reactions: Squidinc
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1