DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air tour of the Isle of Wight (UK)

eutx9795

Reactions

Golden beaches, beautiful landscapes, picturesque villages and historical buildings. All this and more is what brings the Isle of Wight into our laps. As the Beatles themselves said in their song When I'm sixty four, "every summer we go to rent a villa on the Isle of Wight".

Not to mention that it is a biosphere reserve, covering a total of 91,496 hectares, of which 38,000 are on the Isle of Wight itself and the rest are in the marine areas off its 92km coastline.

This small diamond-shaped island is situated only 35 kilometres off the coast of Hampshire. It is full of real attractions, and has a rich and fascinating history. Romans, Vikings and Normans fought for it and it was the last part of England to convert to Christianity. Charles I was imprisoned here, but it was also Queen Victoria's favourite retreat, and many others.

For two hundred years, the Isle of Wight has been a holiday resort. Especially from the time when it was joined by ship with England to Ryde, one of the island's main beaches. Most of the other beaches are also very popular, and among them are Saint Helens, Sandown, Shanklin and Ventnor. Beaches to the east and south-east of its coasts, sheltered from the strong winds that blow here.

Some of the historic buildings that can be seen here include Osborne House in East Cowes, Queen Victoria's favourite retreat, a beautiful Italian style mansion with gardens and terraces. There is also Carisbrooke Castle, the impressive fortress where Charles I was imprisoned, and where Princess Beatrice, Queen Victoria's daughter, lived.

You can also visit the Roman villas of Newport and Brading, two good examples of housing from the Roman period, which occupied the island, which they called Vectis, for 400 years. Very close to the coast line is the Needles Old Battery, a coastal fortress dating from 1860.

At the northern end of the island is Cowes, one of the UK's main sailing and tourist centres. Cowes Week in August is a spectacle that many Britons attend, as it is the oldest regatta in the world. Cowes Castle is home to the Royal Yacht Squadron, the most elite sailing clubs in the world.

Opposite Cowes, on the opposite bank of the River Medina, is East Cowes, which is smaller. The two are linked by the ferries of Cowes Floating Bridge. For many years, Cowes has been associated with shipbuilding, and is perhaps the place where many of the most important ships of the English navy were first built.

Brilliant vid! :) I live in Portsmouth for a half of year and never visited Isle of Wight :(

Reactions: eutx9795
Congratulations on your visit to the IOW. Loved the scenery, the colours, flying and the music.

Thanks for a great film/video.
Thanks! but I haven't visited the IOW so I didn't shot the footage, it was done by a friend. His channel name is "Live my Journey" I have selected the clips for the video and edited it.

The visit is on my wishlist

Reactions: itsneedtokno
Brilliant vid! :) I live in Portsmouth for a half of year and never visited Isle of Wight :(
Time to go to!!

Thanks for your nice comment!!

Thanks for all the likes!

Golden beaches, beautiful landscapes, picturesque villages and historical buildings. All this and more is what brings the Isle of Wight into our laps. As the Beatles themselves said in their song When I'm sixty four, "every summer we go to rent a villa on the Isle of Wight".

Not to mention that it is a biosphere reserve, covering a total of 91,496 hectares, of which 38,000 are on the Isle of Wight itself and the rest are in the marine areas off its 92km coastline.

This small diamond-shaped island is situated only 35 kilometres off the coast of Hampshire. It is full of real attractions, and has a rich and fascinating history. Romans, Vikings and Normans fought for it and it was the last part of England to convert to Christianity. Charles I was imprisoned here, but it was also Queen Victoria's favourite retreat, and many others.

For two hundred years, the Isle of Wight has been a holiday resort. Especially from the time when it was joined by ship with England to Ryde, one of the island's main beaches. Most of the other beaches are also very popular, and among them are Saint Helens, Sandown, Shanklin and Ventnor. Beaches to the east and south-east of its coasts, sheltered from the strong winds that blow here.

Some of the historic buildings that can be seen here include Osborne House in East Cowes, Queen Victoria's favourite retreat, a beautiful Italian style mansion with gardens and terraces. There is also Carisbrooke Castle, the impressive fortress where Charles I was imprisoned, and where Princess Beatrice, Queen Victoria's daughter, lived.

You can also visit the Roman villas of Newport and Brading, two good examples of housing from the Roman period, which occupied the island, which they called Vectis, for 400 years. Very close to the coast line is the Needles Old Battery, a coastal fortress dating from 1860.

At the northern end of the island is Cowes, one of the UK's main sailing and tourist centres. Cowes Week in August is a spectacle that many Britons attend, as it is the oldest regatta in the world. Cowes Castle is home to the Royal Yacht Squadron, the most elite sailing clubs in the world.

Opposite Cowes, on the opposite bank of the River Medina, is East Cowes, which is smaller. The two are linked by the ferries of Cowes Floating Bridge. For many years, Cowes has been associated with shipbuilding, and is perhaps the place where many of the most important ships of the English navy were first built.

Beautiful video and thanks for the description.

Love this great video. Excellent editing and colorimetry.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mandeh