DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aircraft locked . Mavic pro fw .700 and djigo4 4.1.15

edu2ev

Reactions
Yesterday I had a job to photograph a terrain in downtown area where it will be a residencial area.
This place is around 30km from home, so not so far. My Mavic firmware and got app version are the .700 and the 4.1.15 (the only update I made was the offline maps of Brazil where I live). And this was the first time I was trying to fly with my cellphone in airplane mode ( data and GPS off ).Other than that, nothing has changed since all my previous flights.
So, the procedure I always do when starting a new flight is turn on remote, enter dji go, ignore all update messages and wait the remote and cellphone connect. Than start the Mavic and wait untill it enter in GPS mode and the back green light shows up, indicating everything was ok.
So what happened was that when I started the AC, the back light cycled throu red, yellow, green about 5 times, then stopped at a solid red. In djigo4, I got the message "cannot take off" in red and when I tried to take off moving the sticks or using the app, the message aircraft locked appear as a warning.
Only when I turn on the data in my cellphone again everything started to work back to normal, but I didn't do any update in when I was there.
My doubt is why that happened and if I was in a place without cellphone coverage, which is pretty common when you go to countryside here, what could I have done to make the AC fly?
Sorry about the long post, but I tried to be more detailed I could with my bad English. I hope you understand.1523445850700.png

It’s possible that the app wanted to check something on DJI servers before it would let you fly,

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whathesaid