DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aircraft motor overload, gimbal obstructed.

Aaronsmavic

Reactions
I wrecked my Mavic about 10 flights ago. I flew into some tree branches and the Mavic fell about 6 feet into the grass and broke the vibration plate. I replaced it on my own and everything was normal on the next10 flights. On this next flight my DJ I go 4 app updated and I had to resign in. Once I signed in. I got aircraft motor overload. And check gimbal clamp. Then later it will say gimbal obstructed. when I start up it does some of the gimbal dance. Then the camera will swing upwards and then it will swing downwards all the way to the mechanical limits of these gimbal. It seems to slam into itself sometimes. Any clue what is wrong?

Also I think there is a possibility I may have routed the cable wrong through the vibration plate. When I screwed the vibration plate to the gimbal I think I creased the flat cable in half between the gimble and vibration plate?

Also I think there is a possibility I may have routed the cable wrong through the vibration plate. When I screwed the vibration plate to the gimbal I think I creased the flat cable in half between the gimble and vibration plate?

That's the way its supposed to go, and the ribbon cable doesnt seem to mind getting creased, but it's very susceptible to getting torn if you pull on it the wrong way. It doubles back on itself twice in between the gimbal board and the camera body. Sometimes you get that error if the ribbon is torn, not seated properly, or if the gimbal motor assembly has a bad motor in it.

The first one I did last year took me 3 hours and I ruined 2 very expensive ribbon cables in the process. Now it takes me less alot less time and I havent ripped a cable in a long time (knock wood)

Last edited:
Also the cameras is working.
That's the way its supposed to go, and the ribbon cable doesnt seem to mind getting creased, but it's very susceptible to getting torn if you pull on it the wrong way. It doubles back on itself twice in between the gimbal board and the camera body. Sometimes you get that error if the ribbon is torn, not seated properly, or if the gimbal motor assembly has a bad motor in it.

The first one I did last year took me 3 hours and I ruined 2 very expensive ribbon cables in the process. Now it takes me less alot less time and I havent ripped a cable in a long time (knock wood)
I only folded it back onto it self one time. Maybe I'll try and reposition that. The camera doesn't turn left of right when it is doing the dance. Hopefully the motor isn't bad.

by any chance have you added a filter to the lens? Sometimes the extra weight of the filter wont allow the gimbal to move freely and it will jam.

Also the cameras is working.

I only folded it back onto it self one time. Maybe I'll try and reposition that. The camera doesn't turn left of right when it is doing the dance. Hopefully the motor isn't bad.

Make sure the connector going into the yaw arm is seated properly, It's recessed and a pain to get in sometimes.

Do you or anyone else have a diagram of the correct ribbon cable routing. BTW thanks for the referral to fstops as I got the cable in two days. I have watched a video but it was poorly shot and did not give clear routing guidance. Even if someone just took several pictures of an assembled one it would help. Shame on me for not doing it before disassembly. Cable was torn flying high speed into blue spruce tree. I guess I s/b thankful that there was not more damage.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronecc