DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aircraft Motor Overloaded - all visible damage fixed after impact

rizwank

Reactions
Hello folks!

My Mavic, fresh back from it's first DJI repair set, was borrowed by a friend who went in sideways into a pole. Big crash.

The camera assembly popped up over the L-clamp and one of the four rubber bands came out (and the lens was slightly cracked.) I was able to fix the gimbal and put it underneath the L-clamp again, but one of the bands is still out. I assume I can get it back in with an awl and some patience [is that right?]

I still have Motor overloaded issues -- what could the other causes be? I'd really love to not have to be without my drone another two weeks... Thanks!

I think it's time to use your 2nd refresh. Flying with an overloaded motor can cause your ESC to fail.

Any word on getting a refresh repurchased? Can I keep buying new ones?

What could be some of the causes for the motor overloaded if the assembly looks fine?

Any word on getting a refresh repurchased? Can I keep buying new ones?

What could be some of the causes for the motor overloaded if the assembly looks fine?
You cannot purchase another refresh. Giggle the gimbal around a bit, but carefully. Move the joints around and se if you notice a block somewhere.

@Thunder-drones - is this something I can fix myself with parts from you?

Yes you can buy it from me if you can determine which motor is causing the obstruction. I also sell most of the camera replacement parts if you need any.

Replacing the motor requires replacing the whole arm, I dont sell the motors separately. For me, it's a 15 minute replacement if it's a rear arm, 30 minutes if it's a front arm.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998