DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

"Aircraft" semantics

bravezoo63

Reactions
I often fly my MA2 in a rural area in and out of a DJI Warning Zone. Upon entering the Warning Zone I get the message "Aircraft entering Warning Zone, fly with caution". All good. Whenever I fly and an manned aircraft approaches, my Airsense warns me that a "Manned aircraft is in the vicinity". Also good. It's probably just me, but in its warning messages I wish DJI would refer to the thing that I am flying as a "drone" or "UAV". There are so many messages that come your way while flying. I think it would be clearer not to have to discern what kind of aircraft the word "aircraft" is referring to.

So, what is your technical definition of a drone?

So, what is your technical definition of a drone?
Certainly, the word "drone" would have its own share of variations. :) The message "Aircraft entering Warning Zone, fly with caution" always causes me to pause for a moment to figure out whether the message is referring to me or a manned aircraft. It is just a second or two that I would rather be focused on other things. Perhaps "Your aircraft is entering a Warning Zone, fly with caution" would be better?

Reactions: BethanyFerrell
Here i am happy as Lama that I don't have to learn chinese to fly my drone. The theme that DJI follows is that everything message wise is about your drone. Manned Air Craft is the key . Thus the word Man scares me . lol

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.

Reactions: maggior
Agreed. And while they’re at it, they can better discern the difference between distance and altitude (two numbers, both in feet) of manned aircraft shown by AirSense.

Top is distance, bottom is altitude.
I know. I’m just saying that it could be more clear. A simple “A” and “D” with each value would be helpful.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zack400