DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Airmeeting with red kite

hilti

Reactions
Was shocked when I saw it coming on Mobile-Display. It seems he saw me from fare away an flew to the Mavic to watch it from near.

I'am still a Beginner and would like to ask how big is the Chance to get crashed from a bird or be attacked. Has anybody allready made Experiences with Birds. Tell about please.

Attachments

• Rotmilan-beinahe-Cras-01.jpg
    Rotmilan-beinahe-Cras-01.jpg
    400.4 KB · Views: 81
Just curious what was feeding in his area!!! But I have had two encounters with birds, one cost a prop, the other a gimbal. But its something we have to live with and in parts of the world, they are training larger birds of prey to bring down drones..

Reactions: EJay
Just curious what was feeding in his area!!! But I have had two encounters with birds, one cost a prop, the other a gimbal. But its something we have to live with and in parts of the world, they are training larger birds of prey to bring down drones..

BIRD DEFENSE
I have had curious birds come near, but no real attacks so far. They have certainly not been birds of prey or the like!
Birds attack from above, so from what I have learned from others and a small amount of experience, the plan is to do a QUICK VERTICAL CLIMB (sports mode good here) and so far my birds have gone away and lost interest.
Such a climb manoeuvre is "un bird like" and they possibly feel less threatened.
Even though I haven't tried it, another flyer suggested some 'high visibility safety colour' stuck somewhere can reduce the threat because it is not a colour found in nature i.e. not another bird or animal.

Hopefully someone can try this tip and let us know.

Yeah i saw this with the Eagles, very special :confused:
I'm not sure what you mean in your first sentence. Sorry my English is not the best. You mean what they eat there..... Mouses :)
Thank you for your answer.

BIRD DEFENSE
I have had curious birds come near, but no real attacks so far. They have certainly not been birds of prey or the like!
Birds attack from above, so from what I have learned from others and a small amount of experience, the plan is to do a QUICK VERTICAL CLIMB (sports mode good here) and so far my birds have gone away and lost interest.
Such a climb manoeuvre is "un bird like" and they possibly feel less threatened.
Even though I haven't tried it, another flyer suggested some 'high visibility safety colour' stuck somewhere can reduce the threat because it is not a colour found in nature i.e. not another bird or animal.

Hopefully someone can try this tip and let us know.

Yes, very good tip. Thank you. Will try to do a fast climb next time.

I have had a bird strike my Mavic I did not see it while filming as it happened so fast. The Mavic suffered no damage and was just slightly turned mid-air. I had the camera pointed down so I did not see it coming and only go a glimpse of it on video. The strike happens at the 1:52 mark.

Was shocked when I saw it coming on Mobile-Display. It seems he saw me from fare away an flew to the Mavic to watch it from near.

I'am still a Beginner and would like to ask how big is the Chance to get crashed from a bird or be attacked. Has anybody allready made Experiences with Birds. Tell about please.
That's a great shot though. Keep it and print it out.

It is a wonderful shot ... and not easy to take a second time

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erhard