DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Airport Security

I have flown from Australia to Europe on several occasions with my Mavic packed in my check in luggage with no issues whatsoever. I had it packed inside its carry pack and in close to a hard edge surrounded by clothes. As for batteries, it helps to have them packed in a purpose made battery pouch (fire retardant) as well as a copy of the IATA regulations concerning Lithium batteries. I was challenged at one airport (puddle jumper) and I presented the IATA sheet to the person. Without hesitation, I was allowed to proceed.

I will definitely have the IATA regulations with me. Well done winning the challenge.

Check the website of your airline company. Some have a restriction in the amount of batteries a person can carry.

When I was leaving Mexico, where I live, the checker asked what was in my hard cover case. When I told him it was a drone he asked me to open it. When he saw it he asked me to take it out with the batteries and place it in a tray. I had put the low voltage batteries in zip-locked bags. Everything went through the X-Ray without any problems. I also had all the paperwork I could find on the batteries, as well as the restrictions for American Airlines just in case there was a problem. I agree with everyone else ... DON'T put the batteries in your checked luggage. I also agree and emphasise that you look up the restrictions for the countries you plan to fly in. Morocco will take your drone away from you, or if you're lucky, will keep it for you're return. BE PREPARED.

First check where your going to see if they allow drones at all. Second call the airlines to verifiy if the allow drones on. You can also check the website. This is what I did when we went to Canada in oct. I made sure the batteries where all down to the 2nd light put some black tape on the terminals. I use a hard case for my Mavic Pro. Each time going and coming through tsa scan they stopped me and had me open it open. Canada had me take it out and they swabbed it for explosives. Lol. All and all very easy and this was my first experience traveling with a drone. I can’t image it being any different when traveling with regular camera equipment. I would not check it on the plane. Too much risk of it never making it to you.

I flew from Miami to Frankfurt in May of 2017 for vacation. No problems checking thru to Frankfurt or from Frankfurt to Miami. Never was asked about it or had to take it out of my carryon baggage.

I've traveled with my Mavic Air numerous times, granted I'm in the US, I've had questions about my backpack and laptop but not one peep about my Mavic. I have the fly more kit and put the batteries and accessories in the bag and the AC in the case, never had any issues. I do keep a copy of that airport policy with just in case.

Fine in Carryon luggage both Drone & spare batteries as per IATA Dangerous Goods .
Checkin ensure Drone only with battery attached okay as per IATA Dangerous Goods.

Anyone taken a Mavic to Kenya, Ethiopia or other East African countries by commercial airlines?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d