DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Airports in Alaska

Rickjensen1

Reactions
Hi guys
I'm going to Alaska in June on a cruise. Visiting several cities all of which have airports, Alaska apparently is nothing but a big airport. If I'm flying low and in LOS, probably just shooting some family pics and maybe a little coastline, how important is it that I contact every little grass strip or sea plane harbor? I will definitely avoid bigger airports, just don't want to get into trouble with the little guys. Any experience would be appreciated

Hi guys
I'm going to Alaska in June on a cruise. Visiting several cities all of which have airports, Alaska apparently is nothing but a big airport. If I'm flying low and in LOS, probably just shooting some family pics and maybe a little coastline, how important is it that I contact every little grass strip or sea plane harbor? I will definitely avoid bigger airports, just don't want to get into trouble with the little guys. Any experience would be appreciated
Well Rickjensen1, most of the aircraft in Alaska ARE "little guys" as you put it. Secondly, a vast majority of the "airports" have no on-airport communications so you would almost be better off with an aviation band hand-held radio so you could at least monitor the local traffic IF they are equipped with a radio and making blind announcements for local traffic. Having lived and flown private aircraft in Alaska I think you will find this to be the case. Hope this info helps. Enjoy your trip!!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rejdmast