DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

All Black Mavic Pro (pics)

NYCMAV

Reactions
I bought this matte black wrap decal from a new Japanese company - DJI Mavic pro用 ドローン ラッピング・スキンシール DRONEWRAP.SHOP

I really wanted that 'stealthy' look. Installation wasn't that difficult (although patience is needed) and unlike other wrap offerings Ive seen, this one has a lot more coverage on the edges. I'm very impressed with the quality.

I was fortunate to get hold of one before they actually sell in the US, but they've told me they're launching an English website soon.

IMG_9519.jpg
IMG_9520.jpg
IMG_9522.jpg
IMG_9524.jpg
IMG_9530.jpg

Last edited:
Black suits it, makes it look even meaner! What are you using on your battery terminals and sticks to protect them?

I think so too!

I found the stick guards on eBay (just search you'll find quite a few sellers) and the battery terminal covers are from a company called Dynamic 3D Solutions.

Would you able to take off from that table without too much interference from next building?
I am having issues in similar setting (to be expected, of course)

Just wondering, thanks

Would you able to take off from that table without too much interference from next building?
I am having issues in similar setting (to be expected, of course)

Just wondering, thanks

Thats on my roof and I haven't tried anything other than one time hovering for a few meters along the deck. I live on the 12th floor in the middle of manhattan surrounded by huge buildings. If I start up the mavic here I get a ton of interference and compass error warnings. It also wont lock on to enough satellites to establish GPS. For those reasons I wont risk it.

Reactions: Oyibo VFX and Sean
I bought this matte black wrap decal from a new Japanese company - DJI Mavic pro用 ドローン ラッピング・スキンシール DRONEWRAP.SHOP

I really wanted that 'stealthy' look. Installation wasn't that difficult (although patience is needed) and unlike other wrap offerings Ive seen, this one has a lot more coverage on the edges. I'm very impressed with the quality.

I was fortunate to get hold of one before they actually sell in the US, but they've told me they're launching an English website soon.

IMG_9519.jpg
IMG_9520.jpg
IMG_9522.jpg
IMG_9524.jpg
IMG_9530.jpg
I like it. How do I order one without learning Japanese? Just have to wait for the English site I guess?

Reactions: witnessthefunk
I just sent them an email and asked. I don't want to post the address here in case they're not ready to offer it yet. I also just gave the company rep the link to this thread. Maybe they'll sign up and update everyone further.

This looks as good as a paint job. Can't really see any seams from the pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This looks as good as a paint job. Can't really see any seams from the pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep - its as good as you're going to get with a wrap thats for sure.

I'm not a fan of wraps. To me they make a new Mavic just look like an old used Mavic covered with a bunch of stickers. Having said that, I like this. It actually looks more like a good paint job and I would consider doing this to mine (but probably won't). Only criticism I can give based off the pictures is they could make the hole for the battery on/off a little smaller to cover more grey.

Reactions: jointeffort
I'm not a fan of wraps. To me they make a new Mavic just look like an old used Mavic covered with a bunch of stickers. Having said that, I like this. It actually looks more like a good paint job and I would consider doing this to mine (but probably won't). Only criticism I can give based off the pictures is they could make the hole for the battery on/off a little smaller to cover more grey.

The Mavic gets pretty hot. I wonder if people will start having problems with the wraps after some intense use.

The wrap doesn't interfere with the heatsink or vents at all. I don't foresee any problems.

Thats on my roof and I haven't tried anything other than one time hovering for a few meters along the deck. I live on the 12th floor in the middle of manhattan surrounded by huge buildings. If I start up the mavic here I get a ton of interference and compass error warnings. It also wont lock on to enough satellites to establish GPS. For those reasons I wont risk it.

Thanks, I live in a low rise area and even there it is tough flying from my roof. As you said, not worth risk.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: Sean
How did you even find the contact link on their website? Would love to order one of these skins.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk