DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

All Europeans - Act now - Drone laws.

BTW, Signed and suggest others do that too. Its regardless whether you in Europe or not - its the direction of the Nanny state that needs to be opposed.

A lot of drone users are inconsiderate idiots who insist on their "right" to fly anywhere even if it causes annoyance. Those people generally make normal people hate all drones as a result.
If its a silent area and there are people around then just fly somewhere else and come back later. Nature isn't going anywhere.

Reactions: ricphoto
I see some drones flying, everyday, almost everywhere in my country.
I don't hear most of them.
I all cases, surrounding noise people make with their voices, their machines, and their electronic devices, is louder than a drone buzzing.

There shouldn't be regulations for drone noise. In places where silence is the matter, every noise should not be allowed, not only drones. Same with special hours.

The attitude of some drone users is another matter. There are idiots flying drones, as there are idiots driving cars and bikes, as there are idiots walking in the parks, or swimming in the sea. Drone regulations should be only about the airspace they fly in. Idiotic acts are covered by other laws and regulations. For example why there should be a specific law about drone injured someone?

Actually there isnt a shred of peer reviewed scientific evidence showing Glyphosphates are harmful to people. None at all.

Back onto drones, non drone users biggest complaint all the time is the noise of the things. People flying inconsiderately, too close and near crowds make it worse but people do hate the noise. So although i'd agree 99% of the EU commission are utterly removed from real people in the real world, this time they might actually be doing something useful for "most" people.
(They'll then ignore all expert advice and implement something ludicrous though as is normal).
There must be some evidence o3therwise Monsanto wouldn't of had a US$289.000,000 fine because it gave a user cancer!!

There is absolutely zero evidence. It was the result of a jury with no medical or scientific qualifications deciding a case they didn't understand using data they were untrained to comprehend.
All it shows is the problems with the US legal system.

Quite simple it didn't give a user cancer, there is no evidence it gives ANY human cancer.

Just bought drone and it’s sad to read something like this

I doubt this will ever be ratified. I went trough some ting like this a couple of years ago with airsoft, when EU wanted to ban all "military looking" guns, including airsoft replicas. The proposal went trough a "expert" commission and it was dropped. Same thing will happen here, the commission will say the limits are unrealistic and such devices (drones) can't be measured in stationary condition at full power because they are not stationary objects, especially at full power (unless you hold it down which is bad for the drone). At best they will require the manufacturers to limit the sound of the drones at hover. But this limits will be required hence forth, not retroactively.

Reactions: jason38
I need a law that will limit the noise of my neighbor's lawnmower, as well as the number of times to mowing. He's boring me! And also to limit the useless riding of noisy mopeds.

Signed.

Im guessing your neighbour doesnt take his lawn mower to public beaches and beauty spots. Nor does he leave it running on high revs 30ft from complete strangers outside his property.

Except the lawn mower serves a useful purpose, is restricted to his property and isnt used frequently.
If you really cant see the difference between using it on public land in public places, close to people just for "fun" then theres a problem.

Im fairly sure he doesn't take it to the beach or nature spots and leave it running for no other reason than his own enjoyment with the seeming goal of irritating others.

A beautiful lawn serves the same selfish purposes and enjoyment as flying. There is not much difference in the degree of enjoyment. Even more, for one of my neighbor it seems a hobby, because he is doing it every second day when grass is not even grown enough, he is doing it not only in daytime, but at 7am, and 22pm. I can fly ashore from my garden. Initially, the noise will only be in my garden, there will be no noise near the shore, waves will muffle it. Everything is relative. People are always unhappy with something, especially new technologies. Children ride noisy mopeds at night just for fun, no useful purpose at all. Their noise is 5 times more than from my MP. Tell your friend in EU commission restrict them first. ;)

If he DIDNT cut his lawn and it overgrows, becomes messy then most neighbours wont live next to it and most places have laws about allowing it to come into disrepair.

If you ONLY operated your drone over your property and absolutely nowhere else i might agree with equivalence. But you're not, you're taking it to public places where third parties go.

Unless the guy is taking his lawnmower for a walk its a completely different situation.

A mavic is easily audible from 400m or so away, even more if its still.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msherwood1954