DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

All of a sudden NoFlyZone?!

Keaco

Reactions
I live in a townhouse area and it's kind of rural and after flying here since Nov this is a NFZ. WTF?! Is there incorrect zoning going on?? I'm no where near an airport! I called DJI and the lady just told me to fly somewhere else! I went a mile down the road to a field and still in NFZ. I have a $1200 paper weight!

Anyone else experiencing the same? Any advice before I sell it?!

Thanks!

The video in the thread below might help. If it turns out to be an error you can report it via the app to get it corrected.

HOW TO: Unlock GEO zones in DJI GO

Yea I did unlock it approx a month back but now locked again and couldn't do it thru the app this time, had to go thru the site. I hope I don't have to go thru this all the time. Nothing like going out there ready to fly and realize you're restricted.

Wow - yes grounded by Trump! For future reference this TFR did not show up on the Geo online map but it did show up on the Airmap app.

Reactions: Keaco
Do your diligence in pre-flight just like pilots do. If you want to fly a craft in controlled airspace you will have to play by the rules just like licensed aircraft pilots have to.
I am still hoping that the FAA starts requiring a pilot's certificate (not a drone operators license) to fly any RC craft above 400 feet AGL in uncontrolled (class G) airspace and within any controlled class B, C, D or E airspace. Heavy fines and/or prison time might finally get through to people who think having a drone makes them qualified to fly their toys alongside certificated pilots who have spent years and tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars obtaining their training and knowledge.
I wish I felt otherwise, but judging by some of the posts and attitudes here it is clear stricter oversight is needed.
As far as NOTAMs, TFRs, NFZs they can be confusing, even for certificated pilots. One may be posted in one place but completely absent from another. As I said, be diligent and in the know before you go.

The attached may be of interest. Geo Fencing issues...

DJI's Geo-Fencing and the Russian Company that Helps You Avoid It - UAV Coach

You can't fly since Trump is staying in Bedminster this weekend. You're grounded.

Can't be. I'm approx 25 miles from Bedminster. My sister lives there, that can't be the reason unless you're just kidding.

I live in a townhouse area and it's kind of rural and after flying here since Nov this is a NFZ. WTF?! Is there incorrect zoning going on?? I'm no where near an airport! I called DJI and the lady just told me to fly somewhere else! I went a mile down the road to a field and still in NFZ. I have a $1200 paper weight!

Anyone else experiencing the same? Any advice before I sell it?!

Thanks!
Strange.
I was filming today at the Rockcliffe Airport in Ottawa with my Inspire filming the Canada 150 Odyssey tour helicopter as it came in.
I had no issues whatsoever pop up on my screen, other than the yellow window warning that I am in an airport Class C area and I just shut the window off!
I flew around the helicopter and down the Tarmac filming other planes. No issues. I was clear though of people.
By the way, yes, I had a full Canadian SFOC and had permission!
I didn't even need to call DJI to authorize the flight in a NFZ!

30 mile no-fly zone around the President.

**** that's crazy. I just looked it up.

I wish these NFZ's were more sensible! I could see a 30-mile zone for commercial aircrafts but for most recreational drones do they really need a 30 mile cushion of protection? Talk about painting with a broad brush!

Reactions: Wersh
Do your diligence in pre-flight just like pilots do. If you want to fly a craft in controlled airspace you will have to play by the rules just like licensed aircraft pilots have to.
I am still hoping that the FAA starts requiring a pilot's certificate (not a drone operators license) to fly any RC craft above 400 feet AGL in uncontrolled (class G) airspace and within any controlled class B, C, D or E airspace. Heavy fines and/or prison time might finally get through to people who think having a drone makes them qualified to fly their toys alongside certificated pilots who have spent years and tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars obtaining their training and knowledge.
I wish I felt otherwise, but judging by some of the posts and attitudes here it is clear stricter oversight is needed.
As far as NOTAMs, TFRs, NFZs they can be confusing, even for certificated pilots. One may be posted in one place but completely absent from another. As I said, be diligent and in the know before you go.

"Just like pilots do"? I'm flying this thing like a toy, not even going above 80 feet majority of the time. I'm not comparing this hobby to a real pilot in the least, no passengers, no 15-30,000 alt etc. there is really no comparison, sorry but your post assumes way too much.

LOL

Heavy fines or prison time for flying a toy? There are millions of these things being flown every day and no one has ever been killed by one. EVER.

Selfies and lightning strikes injure more people per year than drones.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sathwik