DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

All Was Quiet in Cocoa Beach at 12:43am...

• Thread starter Deleted member 93449
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 93449

Except for the thunder of the Falcon 9 rocket lifting off from Cape Canaveral. I've seen 7 or 8 launches since I've been here but still get excited when a launch occurs, especially at night launch. If only I had a few million to spend for a spot on the next manned flight with Jeff Bezos. I would be a childhood dream come true.

If only I had a few million to spend for a spot on the next manned flight with Jeff Bezos. I would be a childhood dream come true.
A few million to fly up 47 miles in a rocket and be back on earth in 10 minutes?

Blue Origin estimates initially flight costs of between $200k and $300k (Virgin Galactic are around $250k).
Many sources believe the settling figure for such flights will end up around $300k to $400k, all pricing in US$.

Someone bid and won a seat on the inaugural flight with Bezos and 2 others (last July), THAT winning bid was $28 million !
That person (an 18yo) realised they had a calendar conflict and had to reschedule their space flight for later, so must have been an important meeting.
That's ok though, the kids father had 2nd highest bid, so he went, the bid was not disclosed.
Ahh, to be involved in a private equity firm . . .

Bezos took his brother, and some previously 'astronaut trained' aviator, who never made it into space.

Still, these are more affordable than ISS flight seats, they are typically $55 million, which includes the $35,000 a night cost to stay in the ISS for 8 nights.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming