DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Am I high?

CrossQuads

Reactions
So, I am not a photography expert by any stretch of the imagination. But I do know when two images look different. I took some RAW photos last night on my mavic. But for some reason, the file on my computer looks WAY different then it does on my phone or in a program. The photo was long exposure shot of cars to get a cool effect. But the light trails behind the cars are nonexistent on one photo, and there on another. What gives?

Those light trails are due to the amount of time the shutter is open.

Do you mean disappear from what you see on monitor to the downloaded image?
Like the lights seem to disappear and reappear depending on where it is viewed. Here is the raw photo Dropbox - DJI_0022.DNG

and attached is a screenshot off my phone. Like you can see light trails are added. I dont see how thats even possible.

Attachments

• File_000.png
    File_000.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 88
Like the lights seem to disappear and reappear depending on where it is viewed. Here is the raw photo Dropbox - DJI_0022.DNG

and attached is a screenshot off my phone. Like you can see light trails are added. I dont see how thats even possible.

Ok I understand what you mean now. What you see is common. You are actually looking at two separate images. The screenshot is like a paused live shot, where the attached image is the view at the camera and not processed in any way.

Ok I understand what you mean now. What you see is common. You are actually looking at two separate images. The screenshot is like a paused live shot, where the attached image is the view at the camera and not processed in any way.
So how can I fix that?

I see exactly the same thing, bar the fact that the screenshot is low resolution and thus some of the finer detail is not visible.

I see exactly the same thing, bar the fact that the screenshot is low resolution and thus some of the finer detail is not visible.
Well I threw the image into Lightroom and the image looks correct, besides the red and blue dots. DJI_0022.jpg

We aren't sure how you're viewing your DNG. Inside a DNG file there is a very low-resolution preview and also the full raw sensor data. You really have to open the DNG in an application that supports it; otherwise you might be looking only at the small preview which will not show all the details.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJIMavic3cine