DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Am I missing out by not using polar pro filters?

black_magic100

Reactions
I currently use taco-rc. I was told you can turn the polar pro ones to change the darkness/polarity?

You can turn any brand of PL filters to adjust them. Taco-RC does not make PL filters, but you can find a list of commonly used ND/PL filters here.

I use the Tacos also, and I also have a set of Polars.

Using a polarized filter has its benefits but remember, polarization is direction/angle dependent, and you must properly position before flight.

For me personally, it is more trouble than it’s worth.

You can turn any brand of PL filters to adjust them. Taco-RC does not make PL filters, but you can find a list of commonly used ND/PL filters here.
I'm a bit confused. What are PL filters? I never even realized there was a difference until now.

I use the Tacos also, and I also have a set of Polars.

Using a polarized filter has its benefits but remember, polarization is direction/angle dependent, and you must properly position before flight.

For me personally, it is more trouble than it’s worth.
I see... Although "normal" filters are the same way are they not? If you are facing the sun it may be to bright, but if you are facing away it may be to dark?

What is the difference between taco-rc and polar pro?

Last question: Should I be using manual focus or autofocus? I have always used auto focus and I just click the middle of the screen (c1 button for me) to focus on the horizon.

edit: I think this video reassured my prefences. click to focus seems to be king with regards to reliability/convenience/decent focus

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inky