DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone Scanner App

dj3183

Reactions
Has anyone ever used the “Drone Scanner” app? I’ve tried numerous times and it never shows any drones in the air. Even when my Air 2S, which I know is RID compliant, is in the air. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a better app out there?

Attachments

• IMG_3542.png
    IMG_3542.png
    286.3 KB · Views: 10
Air Sentinel for android works fine,it does takes few minutes at first to get all the info with map….i tried bunch of others,drone scanner too, with no luck

Drone Scanner on iOS only works with Bluetooth RID broadcasts as Apple does not allow iOS devices to receive the type of WiFi broadcasts used by RID.

Drone Scanner for Android can detect both Bluetooth and WiFi RID broadcasts.

I believe all DJI RID broadcasts are via WiFi.

Reactions: Richard R
Does the drone need to be airborne to transmit or simply powered on? I tried drone scanner, opendroneid and air sentinel on my Oneplus 11 while the drone was only turned on but nothing showed up. Air2s with latest C1 firmware and remoteID configured.

Does the drone need to be airborne to transmit or simply powered on?
Data will be transmitted after the motors start.

Reactions: Infide1
After reading all these comments, the app seems to be kind of useless for those of us with iOS devices. Am I wrong?
The fewer people that can track your drone the better. There are a lot of people using Apple phones that will only be able to possibly see a drone using an add on module that transmits via Bluetooth.

I mounted my HolyStone RID module on top of my Typhoon H. It allows the module to get good GPS, but the foil under the top cover that isolates the inner electronics from the aircraft’s GPS blocks downward transmission of the RID module.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
piloter