DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

An App to Control DJI Drone with your Voice [Released]

Yondu

Reactions

I'm working on an early startup trying to make robots easier to use and control. We imagine a world where people can interact with their robots as easily as they would a pet. It’s a hard task but we’re starting off small by mastering drone navigation and command following. We’ve built an app that’ll let you voice control certain DJI drones. What you see is a demo of the initial functionality.
It’s limited to basic movement instructions, as well object tracking and following for now, but soon we hope to get it to a point where you can have access to expert level aerial maneuvers and command following. We're still awaiting Play Store approval and still developing the App Store version so fill the google form to get the download link emailed to you:

Voice Controlled DJI Drone

We hope that smart drones will enable new autonomous capabilities for aerial imagery in recreational and industrial use cases. We’re hoping for some feedback, whether it be specific functionality or use cases that you’re thinking of or anything else you’d want to comment on.

Interesting that the link provided requires an email address. With that said, I’m out.
I won’t provide an email address to unknown entities. Also interesting that when that link screen is pulled up, it won’t let me exit the screen.
Rather odd.

Interesting that the link provided requires an email address. With that said, I’m out.
I won’t provide an email address to unknown entities. Also interesting that when that link screen is pulled up, it won’t let me exit the screen.
Rather odd.
I agree! Thanks for the warning. I get enough unsolicited e-mails each day already.

The idea is nice, but voice recognition depending on the device, can be misunderstood or misinterpreted and instructions to the drone may not have the desired results. Your outside with wind, vehicles, equipment in the area, and even people talking nearby that can interfere with your communications. Additionally, how often have you spoke into your phone for example and on occasion it does not recognize your voice requiring reprogramming. Not a good situation when you have a multi thousand dollar drone relying on the voice command. Sticks or programmed missions would be my first choice.

Has anyone received a response from the author of the article yet? I registered using the link you sent but I still haven't received a response from you.

I gave them an email I set it up only for this reason and I never got a reply from them. So, do not fall for it. I think someone else is using a different controller in the background to make it look like is following his voice. I have to accept this was a clever way to get people's attention.

Reactions: RodPad
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13