DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Android System Update crippled my Samsung Galaxy Tab videos

grizzard

Reactions
Now the automatic recording on my Galaxy Tab S 9 of my Mavic flights on video and my flight records in the Go4 app are missing ... I accidentally let it update the Android system after I had booted to fly ... and now I'm screwed. Don't think you can roll system updates back? Or am I missing something? It's still on the Mavic chip .... but it not longer let's me view my flights on the Samsung .... I've about had it with these "so called updates" that almost always break what was working fine before.

Why are you complaining here? DJI doesn't control Android. If updating Android broke the app, then Android is to blame. That's yet another fix DJI has to make to work around Android's excessively large set of devices it works for that is constantly being changed. Fun fact, every time Android updates, I've never heard of anyone not complaining about apps getting broken. It's the same for system upgrades on the iPhone, but Apple makes the effort to ensure backwards compatibility.

Because maybe somebody here knows the answer. I can't think of a better place to look because I am probably not the only one.

Because maybe somebody here knows the answer. I can't think of a better place to look because I am probably not the only one.
Fair enough. Unfortunately I don't have that answer. Good luck and sorry about your trouble.

Thanks. Yeah, the chip still has the video but now there will be no records of my flights on DJi Go 4 and there will be no videos to review. I'm in the Idaho Sawtooths filming so I'm a little bummed.

If the videos are still on the SD card in the Mavic, you can easily view and download them to your device again using the DJI Go app.

Thanks. Yeah, the chip still has the video but now there will be no records of my flights on DJi Go 4 and there will be no videos to review. I'm in the Idaho Sawtooths filming so I'm a little bummed.
Actually, if you have been syncing your flight logs to the cloud, just tap that cloud button and select all for the timeframe and watch the magic happen.

Reactions: grizzard
Dang .... I had Posted earlier but it's a no-show. My troubles turned out to be wrong dates after the Samsung sys upgrade. Something to do with not getting the dates correct and they appeared at the very bottom of my footage. I had some 2010 and worse yet ... some are dated 2078 and they showed last on the flight records and videos .... after I finally figured it out. The dates are written differently in other countries so this may be the problem. They have since recorded correctly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan