DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Angry bird! Multiple attacks in one flight.

Jbax

Reactions
I posted a video a while ago on one of my early flights where a crow attacked and hit my Mavic.

I revisited today to a nearby location and I had the same trouble, the bird kept going at me very tough to avoid collicision

Thinking now it is a seasonal thing, must be nesting. A quick warning to be wary of nesting birds.

Does anyone know if the decals work to prevent birds?

You know what prevents bird attacks? Not flying near their nesting area!

Anyone who flies R/C aircraft should know this. If a bird comes after you, ascend quickly and then move away from the area. There are plenty of other areas to fly.

You know what prevents bird attacks? Not flying near their nesting area!

Anyone who flies R/C aircraft should know this. If a bird comes after you, ascend quickly and then move away from the area. There are plenty of other areas to fly.
Yes thanks, however it does not help me. As in this case, if I launch and a bird comes after me, and I ascend as I did in the video and then fly away as I did in the video, I still need to return to land (as I did in the video and the bird attacked again)

I really do not know how to monitor every birds nesting area, this is why I put the video up. I am sure I will not be the only one surprised by launching in the wrong NESTING area, there are many birds, trees and seasons etc

As the video states at the end, I am sure now the birds may be nesting in the area so I will avoid in the near future.

However if a crow or anything comes after me next WRONG location I launch, I'd rather have a decal to prevent injury to the bird if it works.

If not open to other suggestion. Indoor is the only place I know birds are limited, but indoor flights in a small house suck