DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Another Interesting Afternoon

dvarapala

Reactions
Up 'til now I have been using a 64GB SDCARD in my MPP. Like others here I have experienced a mid-flight gimbal reset, which some theorize is caused by using an SDCARD larger than 32GB. So I ordered a 32GB SanDisk SDCARD from Amazon, installed it in my MPP, and went over to the local soccer field this afternoon to test out this theory... but I never got that far. Right away I noticed my video feed was sluggish, and within a few minutes I got an "Aircraft Disconnected" message in Go 4. Now, I had always assumed that "Aircraft Disconnected" meant that the RC had lost RADIO contact with the Mavic, and that plain old "Disconnected" meant that the Go 4 app had lost USB communications with the RC, so when I saw the "Aircraft Disconnected" message I assumed I had no control and waited for the RTH to kick in. But just for snicks I tried moving the joysticks and found I still had full control of the MP, even though the "Aircraft Disconnected" message was still being displayed and my RC icon in the app showed 0 bars. I quickly brought the MP down and landed it, cycled power on the RC, and tried a second flight, but I still had 0 bars on the RC icon so I gave up, landed, and came home. Of course, now I have a full 5 bars of signal and everything is working fine.

So what is the actual meaning of "Aircraft Disconnected" and how is that different from plain old "Disconnected?"

screen-shot-2014-07-25-at-9-36-04-am.png

The other issue is the RC signal itself. I have flown at this particular field many, many times with no issues; suddenly today I have 0 bars at this location? What's up with that?!?!?

One of the great features of the Mavic is the display on the controller. I have had the same error where djigo4 showed aircraft disconnected. However I still had full gps control via controller.

Solution for me was reboot the iPad. I tried pulling the RC cable but the app would not reconnect.

The first time this happened I was a bit panicked at the thought of rebooting the iPad but I could see I had control via display on controller.

It’s happened a few other times and each time I just reboot. However I have made it a point of formatting the card in the drone before I fly for a series. I still only use the 32 or 64 GB cards.

I use the 10.5 inch iPad Pro.

One time this happened I was at 30 percent of remaining battery so I just hit RTH on the controller. Came home fine. But the distance readout on the controller is a great asset. Still surprised the Phantoms have no read out and hope DJI keeps this on the Mavic Pro Line.

Running latest firmware on Mavic. Have not updated app to recent update. But this issue has happened to me since early on.

Paul Caldwell

“Aircraft disconnected” and RC still has full function I had this issue only once. The only thing I have changed since was using compressed air to clean ALL usb cable connectors AND RC & GO4 display device connectors.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki