DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Antenna Signal Booster

alxmed

Reactions
Has anyone used any of the signal boosting antenna reflectors found on amazon yet? My signal is certainly not what I expected it to be when they were talking about miles of range.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

There are a few posts around on them with a quick search. They wont boost your signal, the (theoretically if the parabola is correct and the material is reflective) just collate or gather it and aim it more directionally than in a 360 pattern like it does now.

Just remember...... HIGHER IS BETTER..... you will never get good range without adding height as you are adding distance. The VLOS (vertical line of sight) is super important here......

Reactions: strummer5150
I would add...you're not supposed to go beyond line (BLOS) of sight anyway without a waiver from the FAA.

The Mavic is small.

At about 400 ft. of altitude combined with about 1,500 feet of distance, it is a mere speck on a clear, cloudless day.

I can barely see mine at those parameters, and I have high-visibility blaze orange skin on it.

Anything beyond that is considered BLOS.

Thanks PropPilot. I'll keep that in mind. Agreed Desert, but getting good penetration of signal is important. I'm looking to increase quality of signal in addition to distance.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rejdmast