DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any one in Kingston?

Will take first flight today. I'm excited and nervous.

Made 3 flights on Sunday in beginner mode. Very sunny and impossible to see my I pad mini screen. I've never used RC controls before so this is going to take a while. Enjoyed every second untily fingers froze!! Warmer days ahead.

Reactions: Soundtekk
Hey Marc,

Mavic still working?
I get to Kingston fairly frequently from Rideau Ferry (my daughter lives there).
I have not done any flying in Kingston yet but I know that there are a lot of places that would be fun to video.
Dave

Made 3 flights on Sunday in beginner mode. Very sunny and impossible to see my I pad mini screen. I've never used RC controls before so this is going to take a while. Enjoyed every second untily fingers froze!! Warmer days ahead.

You need a sunhood

36881ad267c1270007aba76602f785d0.jpg
021f5e7c247a01028a0c054f0efce3a4.jpg

And also a matte filter (I am awaiting one...)

Reactions: stratos
Hi guys, sorry I haven't checked this thread in a while, very busy. I live outside the city about 10 km north of the 401. I have 30+ acres to fly around on. I've only flown around here, only have enough time for 1 battery when all the stars are aligned.
The matte filters work well enough if I stand in shady areas.

Was in Kingston yesterday. Did a tour of Queen's with daughter. Saw many great video opportunities along waterfront. Regret not sending Mavic up but weather wasn't great and was quite windy. Definitely going to make a return visit

Where can you fly in Kingston nowadays? It's mostly all controlled airspace all the way to Wolfe Island and the La Salle Causeway - is it because of the flight school? Surprisingly, CFB Kingston isn't in a control zone...

(I don't live there anymore, but I grew up there... Plan on spending a week there in the summer, want to fly my drone but not get busted for it... The cops busted me as a kid for flying my kite in Jim Beattie Park in the early 90s, I still remember the epic fight my parents got into with the city about that one...)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d