DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anybody from OH going to be filming the river this weekend?

black_magic100

Reactions
For those of you unaware. The river is currently the highest it has ever been in 20+ years. Seeing some major flooding from the skies might be a cool sight. I'm probably taking mine out this weekend so as long as the weather doesn't look like it's going to rain during flight.

"The river" is not much of a description of a place. Ohio is a large state.

"The river" is not much of a description of a place. Ohio is a large state.

One can assume he means the Ohio River, what with it being one of the biggest rivers in the country.

One can assume he means the Ohio River, what with it being one of the biggest rivers in the country.
Having lived on the OH Lake Erie shoreline, I can easily make the argument that there are many big important rivers in OH, most of which are nearing flood stage with the recent warm weather.

But thanks for being pedantic and at the same time patronizing.

Having lived on the OH Lake Erie shoreline, I can easily make the argument that there are many big important rivers in OH, most of which are nearing flood stage with the recent warm weather.

But thanks for being pedantic and at the same time patronizing.
You're more than welcome.

I got some video near Powhatan point ohio of the flooding, I'm going to get some more tomorrow.

I grew up near the Ohio River and it used to be almost an annual problem with flood conditions. The locks and dams installed over the years have helped the flooding problem a lot but not a cure. There are several large historical homes boarding the river on the Kentucky side that sit up a ways from the river. I've seen the water touching their front yards. It should make for some interesting pictures and videos.

The Beaver River in Pennsylvania where it meets the Ohio was at flood stage yesterday... good news for all you guys downstream. I hope the rain stops tomorrow so you can get some air time.

I stayed in Cinci once, in a hotel that was inside one of the flood control gates. Weird feeling for sure. I would love to see some video of this.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jigjjihhwohekjgh2857