DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anybody in the Las Vegas Area?

iajetpilot

Reactions
Hi all,

I'll be out in Vegas for a few days shortly and wondered if anyone could give me some tips on where some good spots to fly from are around there. I'm thinking someplace to get some views of the strip, the dam, and anything else of interest. Some mountain scenery would be great too.
I really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Larry

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s. If you’re new to RC aircraft be sure to read the manual a few times and watch lots of Youtube videos on the subject to give yourself a good start.

Be sure to check with local authorities about the laws there, Nevada has some tough drone regulations. The Assembly Bill 239 prohibits drones from operating within 500 feet of critical facilities, meaning government buildings or power plants or within five miles of an airport. It makes flying less than 250 feet over a property a misdemeanor as well as flying over people. It also states that drones must be operated within the operator’s line of sight and must never be above 500 feet.

Enjoy! Thumbswayup

MAVIC MANUAL: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/20170301/UserManual/Mavic_Pro_User_Manual_en_v1.4.pdf

Welcome to DronePilots newest forum :)

welcome - i am curious if the strip would be restricted with all the people and it's so close to McCarran?

I wasn't thinking about flying on the strip. Its too close to the airports and very crowded. I was thinking about someplace further out with some great mountain scenery or perhaps a view of the strip. I should have been more clear.

Red Rock is a very cool place to fly. Just head out west on Hwy 160 (Blue Diamond). It's not to far. There is a state park out there but great area south of the park with great views. Are you a Corp pilot? I'm based out of KLAS.

Thanks for the tip....I'm excited to check it out. I fly for a scheduled airline...I sent you a PM. I think we may know each other.

I'm in Vegas for the next week. Thinking about heading down to Red Rock off 160 as mentioned above on Sunday early to try and catch sunrise. Anyone want to join?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krasto