Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anybody in the Rowan area?

itsneedtokno

I'm chillin, appreciate it though.
Reactions
Site
codyshoaf.myportfolio.com
I just found out yesterday that I have an old family farm there.

And I found out that my Great Great Great Grandfather came from Germany to Rowan. He settled there and was a "legend" in the area.

"Big Henry Shoaf"
7 feet tall
400lbs
Blacksmith
Could chuck an anvil out the window.

There's a story that he was shoeing a horse that nobody else could control... The horse kicked him in the chest, breaking a rib, to which he responded by flipping the horse over with one fell swoop.

Anybody heard anything like this?

My last grandparent recently passed and I was given all the cool family history stuff.

Reactions: Motorcycle Rider
I just found out yesterday that I have an old family farm there.

And I found out that my Great Great Great Grandfather came from Germany to Rowan. He settled there and was a "legend" in the area.

"Big Henry Shoaf"
7 feet tall
400lbs
Blacksmith
Could chuck an anvil out the window.

There's a story that he was shoeing a horse that nobody else could control... The horse kicked him in the chest, breaking a rib, to which he responded by flipping the horse over with one fell swoop.

Anybody heard anything like this?

My last grandparent recently passed and I was given all the cool family history stuff.
I am also related to Big Henry Shoaf through my mother. He was her Great Great Grandfather. I remember hearing the tales of him moving the 1000 lb rock, and I'm pretty sure I was taken to the rock in my childhood. I've gathered newspaper/magazine articles on Big Henry over the years, but most just retell the same stories. I'm curious about "all the cool family history stuff" you received.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dochavez1986