DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone had an torn hand extensor tendon? Thoughts?

Former Member

Reactions
As luck would have it, I have a torn extensor tendon on the 3rd digit of my left hand.

Anyone ever have surgery for it? If so, what was your recovery time? I already had my thumb done, and it took 6 weeks to heal.

I've been isolating it so I can do repairs, but surgery is imminent, probably in mid January. I want to be back to work asap after the surgery.

Your surgeon will have the best answer for your case, obviously.

The few people I know who have had the procedure struggled for 3 months and still didn’t have full use of the finger for at least 6.

Your surgeon will have the best answer for your case, obviously.

The few people I know who have had the procedure struggled for 3 months and still didn’t have full use of the finger for at least 6.

Good to know. I had a thumb and foot done years agol, but these days, surgery (and insurance companies) has come a long way to get you up and around faster.

Without coverage what would something like that cost to have done . I have no idea is why I’m asking . We don’t pay at the hospital like you do, they just tax us to death and back

Reactions: Former Member
Without coverage what would something like that cost to have done . I have no idea is why I’m asking . We don’t pay at the hospital like you do, they just tax us to death and back

Im guessing around $8 - $10,000 USD for it.

Do you like the quality of care you receive in Canada?

I’m only playing rob;) I hope you get it sorted ASAP I’m a lefty so that would of screwed me up big time:oops:

Note to myself, don’t send my drone in for repair with @Thunderdrones at the moment;)

By the way, hows the weather over there? I was going somewhere today, and it was rainy and cold here. My wife who has a friend in London, asked me, "Is this what England is like?" I laughed and said, "No darling, not all the time!"

Reactions: Porky
By the way, hows the weather over there? I was going somewhere today, and it was rainy and cold here. My wife who has a friend in London, asked me, "Is this what England is like?" I laughed and said, "No darling, not all the time!"

Weather here at the mo... well it’s peeeeeeeeeing with rain followed by gusty winds later, typical uk weather but quite warm for this time of yearThumbswayup

My weather forecast for Christmas where I live;)

52375F3E-9F06-41E7-B301-45108BEDEED0.png

My flying day is Christmas Day, busy until then so keeping close eye on the weather where I live at the moThumbswayup

I’ll let this thread get back on topic. Rob, have a great Christmas & thanks for all your help on this forum, much appreciated ;)

Im guessing around $8 - $10,000 USD for it.

Do you like the quality of care you receive in Canada?

The quality is fine but unless you are in big pain there is always the waiting game . If it’s a broken bone or something life threatening you will be taken care of immediately . I had to wait 3 months with a blown disk in my back . That was not good . Then I have a friend that got in and had surgery in 2 weeks . Maybe squeaky wheel gets the grease . I think a lot of the problem is there are many that tie up a doctors time over silly stuff .

c0d44a7f48a092f9fed75b78142a4328.jpg

We are blessed with a warm spell .
Normally this time of year it would be -30 c

Just eat some hot chili and let a couple warm farts out to pre heat stuff . Don’t want your arse froze to a plastic seat

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saikiran Villa