DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone have a 4K tv?

I do have a smart TV with You Tube app, but it (TV) is not 4k. My TV has much more resolution than what providers offer now (1080), and I predict a few more years before NBC, CBS, ABC, PBS, etc. offer 4k content.

4K tv's do a pretty good job of upconverting... just FYI.

You only appreciate just how good a job DJI have done when you watch your footage back in 4k on a 4k TV. Without too much post processing or if set up how you like it in camera beforehand, the raw footage looks far better than you can imagine it would for such a lot of tech packed into a £1,000 machine. I was amazed when I first played back from a hard drive to a 4k TV.

Reactions: Keth Unwin
I don't have a 4k tv (yet) however my father does and I would like to play back some footage on it for Boxing Day from my Mavic -

What's the easiest way to do this? I'm hoping that I can use my USB card reader to plug the card into a USB slot on the tv perhaps?

His tv is a LG OLED curved 65" I can probably dig out the exact model number if needed

Thanks

I don't have a 4k tv (yet) however my father does and I would like to play back some footage on it for Boxing Day from my Mavic -

What's the easiest way to do this? I'm hoping that I can use my USB card reader to plug the card into a USB slot on the tv perhaps?

His tv is a LG OLED curved 65" I can probably dig out the exact model number if needed

Thanks
It would do no harm to try this - only issue is that your TV may not have the drivers installed to communicate with the reader.

Best method is to copy onto a USB stick. Ensure you use FAT32 or extFAT to format the stick as it is unlikely that the TV will read NTFS.

If you go prepared with this as fall back then you should be okay.

As it's a Smart TV, if he has WiFi you could also use a laptop, tablet or phone to play the footage to it. Assuming it has DLNA compliance? Look up the TV manual and see if it's in the specs.

Reactions: Loz
It would do no harm to try this - only issue is that your TV may not have the drivers installed to communicate with the reader.

Best method is to copy onto a USB stick. Ensure you use FAT32 or extFAT to format the stick as it is unlikely that the TV will read NTFS.

If you go prepared with this as fall back then you should be okay.

As it's a Smart TV, if he has WiFi you could also use a laptop, tablet or phone to play the footage to it. Assuming it has DLNA compliance? Look up the TV manual and see if it's in the specs.

Good idea thanks, I will format my memory stick and copy it over

The price of a 4k tv is comparable to that of an HD tv a couple of years ago. Most sets sold are 4k and have become a common place format to purchase now. The BBC aim to start rolling out 4k later this year and have test 4k content now on the iplayer, taken from the latest David Attenborough series.
Get yourself a portable HD from currys while you're there (3tb for about £80.00). Most tv's accept USB 3 which is plenty quick enough.
In fairness I've had to send my Mavic back for a new camera and gimbal assembly, but l I've just realised I was watching 2.7k footage, not 4k. It looks great in 2.7, so 4k may look even better.

Reactions: Keth Unwin
I changed recording format to 4k cinematic 24fps and found that I couldn't cast to the Sony 65". Just get a black screen. Could cast to the XboxOnes but its not showing in 4k. Not tried one of the files directly via USB yet, but I've changed my recording format back to original. Anyone had similar?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flymehome