DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone Have a Successful RTH Story?

Wombat55

Reactions
I toyed briefly with the idea of amazing my brother (who hasn't yet seen my Mavic) by having the Mavic take off in front us us and then my flying the Mavic up and away to about a mile away and then ....... (oops!).... my "accidentally" turning off the controller to the Mavic and amazing my shocked brother by having the Mavic appear in the sky above us a few minutes later and land itself. Anyone have an actual story involving an emergency where they were saved by the Mavic's RTH function?

Reactions: constantinople
Lots of them on the web but I don't think anyone has turned off the controller intentionally except in one video test that I saw and that guy had his not more than 100ft away.

It might be you who is Amazed and Shocked if the Mavic does not return;)

Don't tempt fate it has a way of biting you in the A$$.

Lots of them on the web but I don't think anyone has turned off the controller intentionally except in one video test that I saw and that guy had his not more than 100ft away.

It might be you who is Amazed and Shocked if the Mavic does not return;)

Don't tempt fate it has a way of biting you in the A$$.

Yeah, well of course I wouldn't seriously consider doing that unless (1) there were no one else within a 10 mile radius and (2) I was ready and prepared to lose $1000.

Reactions: Scubawankenobi
Do a test of it at 100-200' and see how it goes, in theory it should work just fine so long as you set all the heights correctly and there's nothing in its descent path :)

I let a friend fly mine a couple days ago. He asked what the RTH button did, I told him, and he said "let's try it!" and pushed it. I thought, what the heck let's see what happens, so I slid the confirmation button and it flew right back from about 1/2 mile a way. I let it descend to about 35 feet off the ground, then cancelled RTH and landed it myself. Didn't see any reason to push my luck any further.

Reactions: Slantnose79
me, many.

Maiden flight. Went so excited with the response of the craft that went behind a cliff... 3..2..1.. controller disconnected.
After 1 minutes or less than a minutes (but felt an eternity) my Mavic was coming back, after successfully climbing to avoid the cliff , reconnected and brought it home.

My heart sunk for a moment, now if I ever get disconnected. I just patiently wait a bit and find the highest un obstructed position I can get to.

I would lose signal with my old Phantom 3 Standard in my neighborhood on numerous occasions. The RTH kicked in and worked flawlessly. On a few occasions I have been two miles out with my Mavic and hit RTH just so I could sit back and watch it come home and land within a foot of where I launched it.

I have used RTH successfully many times without incident. Was nice in the early stages if I lost orientation or site.

Sent from my SM-G920V using MavicPilots mobile app

Many times. I even turned off the controller about a mile out over a field and it comes right back. I was worried the first time i tested it but now i have full confidence in RTH

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using MavicPilots mobile app

I'm going to go with the Manual (RTH) thanks, as long as it's available
I'm not sure, but I think I remember turning off the controller on one of my other Quads but that was at the direction of the "MAN" when it wasn't responding to controls

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan