DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone in Uganda?

robbietle

Reactions
robbietle Hi I am looking to see if anyone is currently in Uganda with a drone. Mine is being held with customs as I came thru the airport. I would be willing to hire someone to come with me to several villages for some aerial shots of our schools for this is the main reason I am visiting. Please let me know how I can contact you ASAP. Thank you, Robbie

robbietle Hi I am looking to see if anyone is currently in Uganda with a drone. Mine is being held with customs as I came thru the airport.....

Hi Robbie, I'm new on the forum, and saw your post. Were you at all possible to take your drone into Uganda? I'm from RSA and working on a Hydro project, and would like to bring my Mavic into Uganda to take shots of the project.

I was not able to get my drone back while in Uganda. I tried for three days and even had some connections to some government guys but still couldn’t get it back so I had to hire a guy in country. I made the mistake of not putting the drone in my backpack and then just heading past bag X-ray machine. But even then you never know if they might check. Hard to say if you could get one through.

I was not able to get my drone back while in Uganda. I tried for three days and even had some connections to some government guys but still couldn’t get it back so I had to hire a guy in country. I made the mistake of not putting the drone in my backpack and then just heading past bag X-ray machine. But even then you never know if they might check. Hard to say if you could get one through.

Thanks.

Did they take your drone at customs and kept it locked untill you fly out again? Or do you know what happens when they take the drone at customs?

My plan is to take the props off and pack it somewhere else and if they ask anything, I will just tell them it's a camera for the construction project to do CCTV survey inside the pipeline, and not mention drone anywhere. Do you think it might work? Nice thing is that the Mavic folds up and doesn't look like a drone...

They gave it back when I flew out. I think that would work. They are pretty familiar with drones but I would say removing the props and packing it elsewhere would be a great move.

At least they keep it for you. How long did they keep it for? I'm 8 weeks in Uganda and then I fly out for 2 weeks, etc. Did they give you some sort of letter with a guarantee that it will be kept safe? Sorry for all the questions, I don't want to take changes and possibly loosing my Mavic.

I was there for a few weeks. They gave me a claim ticket which I used to pick up.

I’ve been going there for about 10 years now and the issue is that things change so often that you never know from one official to the next if the process will be the same. I’m pretty sure you would get it back but being that it’s Africa you never know!

Hi robbietle,
I am going to Uganda at the end of March and I need to take some videos in rural areas around Moroto. Where did you hire the person for your videos and how much did you pay?

Thanks

I’m based in Uganda. At the moment, the landscape is still changeable and I would advise anyone against anything drones with you. You run a high risk of confiscation (still). That will change when new rules and regulations are passed, however.

There are a limited number of licensed folks who you can contact. Visit/ Contact www.ndegeskies.com ([email protected]) for advice and info.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead