Anyone know what this Upward (ft) message on the middle of the top screen means

rgarjr

Reactions
Anyone know what this Upward (ft) message on the middle of the top screen means

Attachments

• IMG_5085 copy.jpg
    IMG_5085 copy.jpg
    490.2 KB · Views: 252
You can get them from your other sensors also. What craft are you flying?

With an M2P/Z the upward looking sensor remains active when OA is switched off. Only sports mode disables it.
Might the A2s be the same?

Air 2S. I think I had the obstacle avoid sensors off.
Up sensors yes on Air 2S. The MA2 only has front, back, down. My new M3 has 360 full which I do appreciate.
Sensors can be on, but avoid what it sees in flight turned off, yes.

If you disable APAS in the settings then the display will go away.
That's at a different level to setting avoidance behaviour.

Air 2S. I think I had the obstacle avoid sensors off.
You did. Look at the red hexagon on the extreme left center of your screen. That means you have APAS turned off. If it is green, that means you’re in bypass mode. There’s another color (can’t remember) if you’re in hover mode. If you tap on that icon, you can toggle through the various modes. You may not want to rely too heavily on APAS as it sometimes has a hard time sensing electrical wires and small branches.

With an M2P/Z the upward looking sensor remains active when OA is switched off. Only sports mode disables it.
Might the A2s be the same?
It's true that sports mode turns it off ( wouldn't do much use anyways since the braking distance is so great at that speed ), they just don't mention that in the user manual available online.

1666274370835.png
As far as the icon goes, you can tap on the icon and cycle thru some of them (others seem to be only available thru the "..." menu)

1666274544728.png

It is just an indicator of overhead obstacle height above the drone. It is active whether APAS is on or not. It WILL hit the obstacle if APAS is disabled.;)

Reactions: Dbez1
On the note of that, if there is clearly nothing above it even at 3x that distance, you may need to have the sensors calibrated. The dji assistant app for the pc can help with that.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RWShepard