DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone ordering a Trackimo for a Mavic should note!

kykayak

Reactions
Ive decided to order a Trackimo for my Mavic. Most every store only carries the 2G version. In January of 2017 AT&T will discontinue 2G service. At that time T-Mobile 2G will take over for Trackimo 2G devices. I checked coverage for T-Mobile in my area for 2G service and there is none. If you buy a Trackimo it will likely stop working in January 2017. I've email the company 3 times asking if I can send my 2G device back and get the 3G device, if I pay the differance. They have not got back to me in two weeks!! Is this company a joke or a scam? Why are they still selling the 2G devices???

Last edited:
Perhaps 2G service isn't going away worldwide or many people have T-Mobile coverage (I know I do).

This is true, however there is little to none here in KY. Looks like they would let me return and pay the difference since the device is new!

Yes, that would certainly make sense. I'm in the same boat as you though. I emailed Trackimo twice over the past 6 months and heard nothing back from them. I've had no trouble with the Trackimo device itself though. It works very well.

I made sure that the tracker I want, Yepson One Personal Tracker, uses both T-Mobil in addition to AT&T, that way I won't be affected by the 2G shutdown, plus it is waterproof and the same size as the Trackimo, uses GPS, GSM, & Bluetooth for multi-layer tracking. You can check it out here.

edit: After comparing sizes looks like this one is longer than the Trakimo so may not work.

Last edited:
The Yepson is actually larger and heavier. Here's how they compare:

Trackimo:
Size: 1.8 x 1.6 x 0.7 inches
Weight: 1.4 ounces

Yepson:
Size: 3.4 x 1.8 x 0.7 inches
Weight: 1.6 ounces

The Yepson is actually larger and heavier. Here's how they compare:

Trackimo:
Size: 1.8 x 1.6 x 0.7 inches
Weight: 1.4 ounces

Yepson:
Size: 3.4 x 1.8 x 0.7 inches
Weight: 1.6 ounces
Yep, I noticed that and edited my post, to bad as the yepson looks good. .2 Oz isn't a concern, but the difference in length is.

There aren't many potential mounting locations for a tracker. I'm thinking of trying to attach one via a strip of velcro in one of the following locations:

Tracker.png

$200 for two years of Trackimo, plus $200-300 for two years of some type of insurance (assuming one replacement), vs. $800 (or less) to replace the drone...leaning towards neither and accepting the risk.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charliesunique