DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

app for gauging distance

rumblefish

Reactions
any one know of mapping app, or perhaps a way to utilize google maps, to get a straight line distance between 2 points, as the mavic flys. I can do it on google maps but it wants to give me the driving, walking, etc. distances.

Go to the mission planner on Litchi...You can see straight line distances, time it would take to travel based on speed etc. You don’t have to have the app to be able to use those features on a computer. .Flylitchi.com then go to the mission hub.

You can do it in Google Maps. On the desktop version I think you have to right-click from the point you want to measure.

In the iOS app, click a point and you’ll see a measure distance option on the left:

262052db7d24dfb6e957cabcefd9d490.jpg

Click that and another point and line to it will appear on the map. Just move the map around to put the other point wherever you want to measure to:

6748da813e7377880192e7f0fec65224.jpg

You can do it in Google Maps. On the desktop version I think you have to right-click from the point you want to measure.

In the iOS app, click a point and you’ll see a measure distance option on the left:

262052db7d24dfb6e957cabcefd9d490.jpg

Click that and another point and line to it will appear on the map. Just move the map around to put the other point wherever you want to measure to:

6748da813e7377880192e7f0fec65224.jpg
^^ Same thing on Android version. I use it all of the time.

UGCS software for PC, etc. can plan missions, show elevation profile for the whole route and als counts the distance of whole route and between waypoints

any one know of mapping app, or perhaps a way to utilize google maps, to get a straight line distance between 2 points, as the mavic flys. I can do it on google maps but it wants to give me the driving, walking, etc. distances.
Open Google maps

Press and hold the desired start location on the map

Press the drop pin option near bottom of the screen

Select measure distance option

Drag the map and that's it.

If you want to stop and start the direction line on different angles, simply press the cross bottom left of the screen.

Any problems let me know

Open Google maps

Press and hold the desired start location on the map

Press the drop pin option near bottom of the screen

Select measure distance option

Drag the map and that's it.

If you want to stop and start the direction line on different angles, simply press the cross bottom left of the screen.

Any problems let me know

I just don’t get the measure distance on my iPad ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pilotltd