DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Apple (IOS) v Android

No personal experience except for the fact that I have trouble finding charge cables for my old iPhone. The last one cost about 35 bucks as it was bundled as a multi-adapting package. I did read many posts from people a couple of years ago that complained about being dragged through different cable and adapter configurations each time a family member went to a new iPhone or other apple product, such as recent laptops. 30-pin, USB-C, lightning, etc, (and potentially, something called "UAC"), together with not including adaptors as standard in new product packaging. Different cables are needed to plug the iPHone into new and older Apple laptops.

There is a lot of engineering in data cables and connectors, and advances are important. However, a number of users were ticked off when purchasing a new iPhone and then having to spend 30 bucks and more to integrate them with other stuff they had, often other apple products.

I admit that my irritability threshold was already lowered by the fact that I have several other aging Apple products in my life and household that are bumping up against their limitations, and none of them are upgradeable beyond current configuration. When I am (soon) forced to do something about it, the associated costs will be an incentive to carefully question how attached I am to Apple-dependence.

No personal experience except for the fact that I have trouble finding charge cables for my old iPhone. The last one cost about 35 bucks as it was bundled as a multi-adapting package. I did read many posts from people a couple of years ago that complained about being dragged through different cable and adapter configurations each time a family member went to a new iPhone or other apple product, such as recent laptops. 30-pin, USB-C, lightning, etc, (and potentially, something called "UAC"), together with not including adaptors as standard in new product packaging. Different cables are needed to plug the iPHone into new and older Apple laptops.

There is a lot of engineering in data cables and connectors, and advances are important. However, a number of users were ticked off when purchasing a new iPhone and then having to spend 30 bucks and more to integrate them with other stuff they had, often other apple products.

I admit that my irritability threshold was already lowered by the fact that I have several other aging Apple products in my life and household that are bumping up against their limitations, and none of them are upgradeable beyond current configuration. When I am (soon) forced to do something about it, the associated costs will be an incentive to carefully question how attached I am to Apple-dependence.
Isn't progress great. You can't please everyone all the time. I have several apple products too, but they have been usable for a lot long period of time then the dos, windows, android, google products I have had in the past. But cables was not what the OP was talking about.

Progress is great but I still miss my bag phone :oops:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdevyview