MAVIC PRO.

WOW.

Went by my local Apple Store.
They stock both the
PHANTOM
and
MAVIC PRO.

WOW.
I bought my Mavic from an Apple store in October 2016...while others had been waiting

Reactions: pgitug
I don't get it. Is it because both were in stock at the same time?
In my experience, that is the norm. Same with Target and Best Buy.
Sometimes one goes out of stock, but they get restocked fairly quickly.

But I've only been looking since April this year.
Pretty much every store I go into, they one one/both in stock.

Yeah, I picked up my new iMac at the Apple store recently and was surprised to see they had drones. I didn't know they had any non-Apple products there.

Reactions: pgitug
Went by my local Apple Store.
They stock both the
PHANTOM
and
MAVIC PRO.

WOW.
Weird because they only recently signed an exclusive deal to sell the Hover Camera Passport, a selfie drone in the Spark price bracket. Maybe they're setting up a drones section in their stores.

In an area where I'm not an expert (say for example, smart door locks), I usually rely on the Apple Store to filter out the good from the bad for me. They try their best to only cary things they're willing to associate with the Apple brand, and rarely will you find a poor choice on the shelf at their stores. I guess that's why they're carrying DJI gear, but I guarantee you they won't let DJI get away with poor customer service through them. They must have a contract to actually allow reasonable returns, warranty work, etc. or that relationship won't last.

(In my experience they've always been absurdly generous with customer support issues at Apple Stores... for example, I ordered six Hue floodlight style bulbs [$60 ea.], but one of them was defective. When I called to ask how to exchange it they said, "Don't worry about it. We'll just send you two replacements, in case you happen to get another bad one." What? Here's $120 worth of stuff just in case... lol... Apple, made of money)

I bought my Osmo in an Apple Store and they had Mavics in there at the time. They love to sell products that pair well with their own hardware. The photography/videography angle is strong with Apple products.

Apple products are supposedly cream of the crop when it comes to graphics/videography, so adding cutting edge camera/video drone technology that runs best on Apple products to the line-up would be a no-brainer.

In an area where I'm not an expert (say for example, smart door locks), I usually rely on the Apple Store to filter out the good from the bad for me. They try their best to only cary things they're willing to associate with the Apple brand, and rarely will you find a poor choice on the shelf at their stores. I guess that's why they're carrying DJI gear, but I guarantee you they won't let DJI get away with poor customer service through them. They must have a contract to actually allow reasonable returns, warranty work, etc. or that relationship won't last.

(In my experience they've always been absurdly generous with customer support issues at Apple Stores... for example, I ordered six Hue floodlight style bulbs [$60 ea.], but one of them was defective. When I called to ask how to exchange it they said, "Don't worry about it. We'll just send you two replacements, in case you happen to get another bad one." What? Here's $120 worth of stuff just in case... lol... Apple, made of money)
Probably means they sell the light bulbs for an insainly marked up price. But, it is nice when a company throws in extras even if it is of no consequence to their bottom line. It makes us feel appreciated as a consumer. Too often we feel shafted by the customer service of some companies (ie. DJI).

Probably means they sell the light bulbs for an insainly marked up price. But, it is nice when a company throws in extras even if it is of no consequence to their bottom line. It makes us feel appreciated as a consumer. Too often we feel shafted by the customer service of some companies (ie. DJI).

Could be that they're really high margin, but probably not as I've never seen Philips Hue bulbs at significant discount through any reseller online or off (I have a house full of them, and could have bought a couple more Mavics with the light bulb budget!). If I was going to assign an uncharitable motive to Apple I'd say it's my long history of buying almost everything they make, and the computer must have a flag that says, "Um, just give this guy whatever he wants, we built this place on guys like him." lol

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allezzov