DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Approaching seventy flights, no calibration of any kind

willhay555

Reactions
Despite one scary moment in very heavy wind, I've not had one mishap I could possibly blame the Mavic Pro for.

Nearly seventy flights with no compass or IMU calibration or problem.

All this talk of 'calibrate before you fly' I used to see etc. is quite something.

Same here, with almost 300 flights.

I wii calibrate when prompted to, and not before.

Reactions: diegopeixoto11
What are your Mavics' "birthdays?" I'm betting Novemberish?

Despite one scary moment in very heavy wind, I've not had one mishap I could possibly blame the Mavic Pro for.

Nearly seventy flights with no compass or IMU calibration or problem.

All this talk of 'calibrate before you fly' I used to see etc. is quite something.
BTW, I'm not hearing the "calibrate before you fly" crowd. That was the older DJI units. With the Mavic, you are only supposed to calibrate when it tells you to. The exception is if you are having "anomalies" in which case DJI support nearly always requests calibration. So I think you guys are spot on. No need to calibrate unless you have negative issues.

Reactions: tezdrone
Would be nice if you guys posted the FW ver + GO 4 ver so we can have a data of which combo (FW/GO apps) is best for MP.

I've had to calibrate once in my 110 flights so far. Probably because I took apart my Mavic and just recently put it back together.

Would be nice if you guys posted the FW ver + GO 4 ver so we can have a data of which combo (FW/GO apps) is best for MP.
Latest FW and latest Android Go4 for me.

I received mine at the first of January straight from Dji in China and have never calibrated anything . All is good .

Ah. 300 flights since then? Dude. You are a machine. I thought there was an inverse curve with regard to quality of factory calibration. That's why I asked. But I would have thought January was right in the middle of the crunch time with so many negative quality issues. You two are arguments against that theory. Congrats!

Reactions: willhay555
I haven't ever calibrated other than performing the compass calibration once, stick calibration once and VPS sensors once just so I knew how to do them. I have installed and flown on every firmware and Go4 app rev (IOS) that was released and never an issue (knock on wood).

I just logged my 50th flight and my build date is 12/01/16.

have any of you travelled and still havent calibrated?

have any of you travelled and still havent calibrated?
Yes, I have traveled several hundred miles both east and south of my home location and everything has still been solid.

Curious of all those who have yet found the need to do a compass calibration yet. Do you travel at all with your mavic? I fully expect that when I last fly near my home and then take a flight somewhere else in the country or world I will have to calibrate before flight in my new location.

Curious of all those who have yet found the need to do a compass calibration yet. Do you travel at all with your mavic? I fully expect that when I last fly near my home and then take a flight somewhere else in the country or world I will have to calibrate before flight in my new location.
Well, let's just say that the last time my Mavic was calibrated was in China. It is now thousands of miles away and the compass is still spot on. I take it to the east coast of my state, 500 miles away and it is still spot on. 500 miles south, spot on.

So. what this tells me is that there is some fundamental change in the way the technology works since the older models.

It isn't that I am against calibrating, when necessary or indicated. It just hasn't been either for me yet.

And I will, at the first sign that the software has noticed something amiss.

have any of you travelled and still haven't calibrated?
Yes travelled heaps. Routinely moving Mavic between locations >3,000km apart. Never calibrated in 580 flights.

Calibrated once when I got it and never since. Flown all over Ireland without a hiccup. Now let's hope I haven't jinxed it!!

The tech is smarter than you. It will let us know when it needs something.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan