DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Apps for Mavic Pro

3amdev

Reactions
Just got my Mavic Pro a week ago and had a number of flights, such an amazing machine, and I was wondering what mobile apps or Web sites people use on a regular basis that compliment their flying.

I've seen a number of apps and sites that let you view log details, plan flights etc but there are many to choose from.

Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G935F using MavicPilots mobile app

Reactions: johnny_adams
These are apps that Mavic owners and other DJI drone owners are using. Why are there so many? I can only assume not everyone likes the same apps and/or people have found one app does not do everything.

For you? I'm not sure. Rather than installing them all, it would probably be best to only install the apps you think you'll actually use.

Thanks for the info ... I'm completely new to he drone world so i appreciate the insight

What are the basics I need to get started?

I'll be using my iPad mini / iPhone as my monitor.

I was under the impression that all I needed was the favtory DJI Go software but I see I have a good bit to learn on the app / software side

I would advise you to stick with the default DJI Go initially whilst you are learning your machine :)

Possibly grab the Hangar 360 app (free) as it does pretty awesome 360 degree panoramas and helps give you a feeling of confidence in the Mavic.

Reactions: PalmettoAerial
What are the basics I need to get started?
You'll only need DJI GO 4 to fly your Mavic. While there are some 3rd party DJI GO alternatives, it would be a good idea to start with DJI GO since you'll need to register your Mavic in DJI GO and setup all of the settings. 3rd party apps don't allow all of the settings to be configured, so it's a good idea to keep DJI GO installed even if you're not planning on using it much down the road.

As for other apps, you might be interested in the image/video editors for editing your photos/videos. Your computer should already have basic image/video editors installed, so you might be able to use those if you just need to do basic editing.

Reactions: PalmettoAerial
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31