DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Are the joystick protectors necessary

I use it with the DJI bag, with the hard case it's not nessary.

I started using a stick protector after receiving stick position and calibration errors, took a couple of attempts to correct the problem as well in the additional calibration settings available when the Mavic is not powered up. Considering the protector is a small piece of plastic that easily fits in your pocket when flying I would used them regardless of the type of bag.

I started using a stick protector after receiving stick position and calibration errors, took a couple of attempts to correct the problem as well in the additional calibration settings available when the Mavic is not powered up. Considering the protector is a small piece of plastic that easily fits in your pocket when flying I would used them regardless of the type of bag.
and I don’t like removing the joysticks......
Pure ole Lazy

At first I thought stick protectors are a really silly purchase. Looking at the rather tight space for the controller in the original DJI bag, I eventually bought one for a few quid (=British expression for a £, ha).

I also keep my extra batteries in the same compartment making it even more tight. In this tight space the sticks might easily bend or say be pushed constantly hard to one side. This can't be right.

But I can't see any reason to protect the RC screen, after all I don't have a screen protector for my mobile in my pocket either. (Remember the lace arm rest protectors on your granny's sofa? Naff.)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centrespot