DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Are the M2Pro Photos Any Good?

@KONY
WOW WOW WOW nothing but perfect !!

So with your post i understand that while shooting an hyperlapse, the 200 or so pictures the MAVIC would take are still pretty high quality !!

great because i was having in mind to shoot hyperlapse fireworks but at same time to be able to retrieve a few individual JPEG/DNG from that same fireworks

I'm very impressed with it after my 20 min flight. Hyperlapse is very intuitive and in free mode you can easily lock in your current speed, heading, vertical rise, and rotation by pressing C1/C2 and the drone will continue on that path without additional input. I wasn't expecting that but it's awesome. I also expected it to save JPEGs of the hyperlapse but it only saved DNGs!

We'll see if any bitterness develops after this honeymoon period is over but there's not much I can complain about right now. I'll upload the hyperlapse later tonight.

Reactions: KONY
So with your post i understand that while shooting an hyperlapse, the 200 or so pictures the MAVIC would take are still pretty high quality
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember seeing a non-default setting to save all the original images captured by timelapse or hyperlapse. In other words, it won't save the originals unless you explicitly configure it to do so. Maybe I'm thinking of some other mode?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember seeing a non-default setting to save all the original images captured by timelapse or hyperlapse. In other words, it won't save the originals unless you explicitly configure it to do so.
This is correct. If I remember correctly, there is a popup that asks if you want to save the hyperlapse stills separately which only comes up the first time you enable the hyperlapse feature. I believe it's also in the camera settings.

Saving the raw files consumes a large amount of storage.

yes of course you need to enable the possibility to save individual files into the folder...like Joola mentionned it was first proposed to me when i tried Hyperlapse for the first time, but i denied it, but can indeed be set up again through somewhere in the menus...

For the storage i calculated that 200 DNG (so 200 * 40 000) makes 8 000 000 which is 8 gigabytes

so with my 30 or so gigabyte memory card i should be fine provided it's empty ;)

My M2P arrived on Tuesday and I wasn't planning on flying until this weekend but the sky lit up this evening so I ran outside to try and capture the twilight sky. This was taken in Downtown Los Angeles and is a frame from a hyperlapse I shot. All camera settings were auto with some editing of the DNG in Photoshop. Really impressing with the camera on this thing. Also, she handles great and is very very fast.

f/2.8, 1/30sec, ISO-160
DTLA_2.jpg
nice job mate, this is prob the nicest photo i have seen to date from a mp2...and no huge watermark across the front haha, this image is theft worthy,,,,,

Reactions: billyinbondi
I don’t get water marks on wedding photos. Super gaudy. Our wedding photographer didn’t do it but so many do. What do you think Op?

Hmmm Gringoloco don't know ...ISO is different from exposure, isn't it ?

Hmmm Gringoloco don't know ...ISO is different from exposure, isn't it ?
ISO is one of the three variables that make up exposure—along with aperture and shutter speed.
ISO determines how sensitive the sensor (or film) is to light.

Reactions: Dermaximilian
Sorry I mixed up exposure and aperture (English not being my prime language)

Sorry I mixed up exposure and aperture (English not being my prime language)
No problem.
  1. Aperture determines how much light is let in
  2. Shutter speed determines how long to let the light in
  3. ISO determines how it reacts to all this light (or lack thereof)
These three components not only deal with light, they also affect depth of field (background blur), stop action/blurred motion, and light refraction (starbursts of light sources, etc).

Reactions: W2EJ and KONY
My M2P arrived on Tuesday and I wasn't planning on flying until this weekend but the sky lit up this evening so I ran outside to try and capture the twilight sky. This was taken in Downtown Los Angeles and is a frame from a hyperlapse I shot. All camera settings were auto with some editing of the DNG in Photoshop. Really impressing with the camera on this thing. Also, she handles great and is very very fast.

f/2.8, 1/30sec, ISO-160
full
Joola- that's an impressive shot of DTLA from an angle I'm not used to seeing. I live on the west side, so always seem to get a different perspective. Unusually beautiful sunset last night!

Anyone test sharpness at smaller apertures? The night photos are certainly usable, but don't compare well to a DSLR.

Anyone test sharpness at smaller apertures? The night photos are certainly usable, but don't compare well to a DSLR.

uhhh.... no flying anything would compare to my a7rIII with any lens mounted or my 5D4 with any of my lenses.

This is a flying RX100.... or G7XII. It's still point and shoot quality... albiet very good for what it is. But don't lose sight of what it is.

We need to manage expecations here. Its a 1" sensor. Thats tiny compared to proper cameras and DSLRs.
Its also a small, relatively cheap bit of glass not a big heavy, multiple element Canon L lens!

It IS a huge step up from the mavic (then again, not hard) and will produce more than acceptable images once you learn the limitations and strengths of the camera.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian